Saturday, May 05, 2007

Friday File


The She-barracuda sent off a "yeah yeah yeah" letter to the spouse's suit. It was when I read our names - Marie and Spouse - Matrimonial - and the phrase "marriage breakdown" in the letter I thought ok... it's really real now. This is it. The matrimonial part is like seeing the marriage all in reverse. From a future filled with hope and excitement to today. I can re-run our wedding day almost minute by minute from the time I woke up, no... from the time we got engaged, to the end of that day. Almost twenty four years. While I mostly have accepted this, there are times that it all washes over me and I want to either keep crying over the futility or - smack the spouse.
Really hard!


Tweeny had her school play yesterday. The spousal unit seemed to think I would go with him in his car. Now WHY on earth would he think I would even entertain that thought I have no clue.
He is in such a rush to get the separation going and he thinks I should pretend? It was probably the letter my She-Barracuda wrote that had an effect on me. AS IF I was going to get into his car, or have him in mine. I told the spouse I would see him at the school. I would go on my own. He was rather surprised but he took off out the door and drove away.

I saw him sitting in the audience and I chose to take a seat elsewhere closer to the front of the stage so I could attempt to take pictures. I was planning on using my new digital cam (another whole blog on that!) as well as my (the spouse's actually) SLR manual analog film eating camera.

I was still feeling pretty angry, and I wanted the spouse to know what it will feel like to be alone - to not have me sitting beside him at the children's events bringing him into conversations with people around us. Tweeny expects to see me up front and she was not disappointed. Rebel was with me using her camera as the back up.

Even during intermission, the spouse sat in his chair, didn't talk to anyone and stayed put while I socialized with other parents and Tweeny's friends. At the end of the show, spouse took Tweeny for her usual post performance meal to McDonalds - a tradition for as long as she has been acting, and Rebel asked me to if she could buy me a beer at her favourite local haunt - the pool hall.
So off we split. Neither girl too surprised with the two vehicles. Tweeny with her dad to go to McD's and me with Rebel going for beers. A new way of life is starting to take shape.

Ribs & Ciclon Night - in 13 days. Grocery list all made. 24 YES RSVPs and 4 maybes. Weather count down not for another week yet.

3 comments:

Annie said...

He just doesn't get it, does he?

Anonymous said...

umm... in a word....
NOPE!
LOL
M

Anonymous said...

Seriously, they RARELY ever get it. Thats ALL them and not worth giving it much more than a passing thought.

Take care of YOU, sweets, as I know you are doing.

*hugs*

~ Blondie