Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Musings....


Time to get rid of the Ciclon bottle on the side bar. No more free advertising for booze that can not be bought by those who care! Gene Simmons is the man these days. I don't find him in the least bit attractive, (I mean... LOOK at the man - face lift or not!) but I LOVE the show. His son has a killer sense of humour and Shannon Tweed rocks. Can she make that man dance. Listening to her yell GENEIEEEEEE! it's like watching a weird version of I Dream of Jeannie! So Gene Simmons will decorate this space for a bit.

Mother's Day is done. Like my friend over at Annie's Attitude I have a tough time with the whole concept. My spouse never taught his children how to honour their mother, because I suspect he didn't learn this growing up either. Tweeny was her usual Tweeny self, but The Rebel gave me a nice card. It was a little mooshy. She and I are starting to get along... on good days. She is becoming a mature young woman.... sort of... if I could just get her out of the Nike's and into "real girl" shoes.
sigh...

I had asked the spouse for the paint for the bathroom and the hall way as well as the wall repair kits. I told him I was prepared to do the patchwork. I mean how hard can it be? He informed me that I wouldn't do it right. Can you see the eye rolling from where you sit? He proceeded to get the stuff done himself. Man.... if I had realized that all I had to do was say I would do it myself and make as if I was getting ready - things would have been done weeks, no months ago.

My dearest friend is flying up from the home town to come to my party! I had to tell her she had to stay at a hotel what with the spouse taking over the spare room, and frankly, I don't want him back in my bed anyway! The joint line of credit will pay for it I believe. And I will probably have a PJ party and sleep over involving a lot of wine one of those evenings too!

Only 3 days til party time, and I have a TON of stuff to do. Tonight is COSTCO and dessert making night. Cheesecake inside little chocolate cups with saskatoon berry garnish, bread pudding made with my Easter bread leftovers and a bourbon whisky custard sauce. I'll also get the caesar salad dressing made. Tomrrow will be appetizer preparation and clean the bathrooms night. There will be about 35 women in my house. Tweeny is freaked! Rebel has negotiated a pay rate to be my server/slave!

Hockey game tonight. OY! It's gonna be a nail biter. Sens and Sabres. Please no OT tonight! It's too hard to take!

3 days to party time.
How come none of you are coming???!!!

And don't tell me it's cuz I don't have a spare room anymore!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Um.....distanc? nah, that's not it. Money!!!! THAT'S why! I will have to live vicariously through the blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey, how could I possibly be there if you don't have a spare room anymore???

*giggle*

I will be there with you in spirit, doll.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

Calories and Coffee said...

I'll be there in spirit as well!

Anonymous said...

oh LILY!!!! why don't use this as a training excercise.... you'll run down from the Bay won't you????
in spirit isn't good enough from you. LOL

M

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the odds would be in my favor - altho, the attitude might not be :0

Besides, I don't think it would go over well with others I know ;)

But, have a great party!

T.I.M.