Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thirteen on Thursday


13 things I am worrying about
when it comes time to mediate:

  1. Spouse will fight about who gets the house.
  2. Spouse will fight about where the girls, particularly Tweeny, will spend the majority of their time.
  3. Spouse will fight about getting access to my investments.
  4. Spouse won't leave when asked.
  5. Spouse WILL leave when asked but will leave all his crap behind for me to clean up.
  6. Spouse will want to move faster than I am ready to move.
  7. Spouse will impose himself on my party even if I ask him not to.
  8. Spouse's family will hate my guts.
  9. Spouse's family will blame me 100%.
  10. Spouse will start drinking again.
  11. Spouse will behave like a RAMB during mediation but still refuse counselling.
  12. Spouse will behave very well during mediation and that will cause me to wonder what he really wants.
  13. Spouse will walk away from everything as if the past 24 years never happened.
AS IF I do ANYTHING about the above? Of course not. It is out of my control. I need to clear out the worries and get this fixed in my brain so I feel safe. (Limbic brain conditioning)

Regardless of what the Spouse does or says, I WILL be fine. I can control what I can control. I need to change my thought patterns and create a positive vibe rather than this worrying vibe.

Besides, I have a party to get ready for.
It's in exactly

ONE WEEK
!


I have the dress, the shoes and most of the food!
30 people have said they are coming!

Party like it's 1999!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, and I'm sure you could have come up with 13 MORE!

BTW, What's a RAMB?

T.I.M.

Anonymous said...

LOO RAMB - an acroynm 'we" made up when we were all on the divorce busting board...
Rata$$moronba$tard
and you're right... I probably could... but... what would be the point?
thanks for the note!
M

Anonymous said...

an acroynm 'we" made up when we were all on the divorce busting board

and a great acronym it is!

~ blondie

Annie said...

Yep, Marie made it up and it's so applicable!

And Marie, you DO realize you have no control over what your RAMB does? I mean, I know you SAID you do, but do you? Do I have to put on my moderator's hat and get out the 2x4's????

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! No.... I DO get it.. really. A year of therapy .... twice.... four years apart has taught me I can only deal with my own stuff. I can *understand* his stuff (or not) and know why or what he is doing... but I canNOT do anything about it. His shit - his problem. I can only do what I can do. That doesn't always make it any easier, but at least I don't have to try and *fix* it, because I know I can't. And he won't.

Annie said...

*whew* I'm glad I didn't have to put on that hat here!!!! I figured you got it, but wanted to be sure.

Calories and Coffee said...

Wow, that's a lot to worry about. I say just focus on your party for now and forget about the RAMB!