Thursday, May 31, 2007

Legalities


I saw the she-barracuda lawyer yesterday and had to give her "our history." Even now... I still get tears talking about it. Someone told me tears are more about anger than sadness. Perhaps that's true. So even now... I still think... "it's come to this?" It isn't stopping me, but it does still make me angry. And the counsellor would ask "why?" "Why do you feel this way?" I think it's because I still feel a sense of failure... I realize I shouldn't intellectually, but I do. interestingly, when the best friend was here she said her spouse told her... "I have always found that Marie's spouse is a bit a of a condescending bastard." So... it all comes out now. WHO knew right?

Off I go now, to get the documents I need to have my pension and investments appraised. Valuation date is set as the spouse has determined. No point in arguing that one, given the advice from the she barracuda who I know is extremely well versed in the law on these issues. It would have been nice to make him pay twice but she-barracuda said well he could make you pay for his share if you dispute it. Save the fighting for the good stuff. Indeed... and what would the good stuff be. Stay tuned and we'll find out together.

AS IF I have a clue where my tax returns are from three years ago. I am not good at keeping this stuff in an organized fashion. My desk was removed from the house when I left the private sector and the stuff was put in boxes. I found all kinds of cool stuff in a couple of boxes... none of them related to the current millennium. Pay stubs are sitting in the office at work where I don't plan to be for at least another week.

She-barracuda did say that interestingly because the "only" thing we seem to talk about is the kids... her experience is we should be able to get to some kind of agreement on shared care of the the Tweeny. Even if we don't talk about anything else. Perhaps I will remain positive on this one.

Rebel... seeing the doctor today about her pneumonia. She's on drugs.

I think a few drugs at the right time can solve a lot of life's challenges.

But I will settle for a wee dram of Dalwhinnie instead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don't forget to breathe.

Its just business. A process.

We are here, doll.

Hoping Miss Rebel is feeling better and that Tweeny-girl is behaving.

I will join you for a drink later.

love ya,
~ blondie

Rudy said...

Even knowing it was the right thing to do I still felt robbed.

I had a grand friend who gently reminded me to let go of the stuff. She will be a big help to you as well.

I tend to prefer Irish whiskey but I will join you in a wee dram of single malt.

Síocháin agus beir beannacht - Peace and all good.

Anonymous said...

thanks... both of ya!sigh... yeah... I'll get there..
m