Monday, May 21, 2007

Party Post Mortem


Well, the party was a smash. The boys in the band... 4 guitars and a drum kit were a tad crowded into my tiny dining room, while the 40 or so women took over the rest of the house. It was a good thing I kept the rented patio tables beause I had no where else to put food! So while it was chilly, it was sunny, and people did go out for fresh air and room to move!

I was overwhelmed with how generous my friends are. I specifically said "just yourself" I don't want or need gifts, but my goodness, lots of wine, scotch ( single malt even) and a lovely bottle of Pol Roger champagne along with Godiva chocolates - which I am told should only be shared with a best girlfriend.

The best friend from my home town flew in for the do. She didn's know a soul but by the end of the eveing was embraced by all the girls here. I have some good photos, and great memories of wonderful evening. The band was awesome, I had plenty of food, and not a lot of leftovers, and it seemd that even though we were crowded people enjoyed themselves.

Rebel was stunned as people kept coming in and hanging around. Tweeny couldn't handle all the women being LOUD and dancing. She took off with friends and only came home after the band was done.

I am blessed with wonderful wonderful friends. The rest... really doesn't matter. I recommend every woman should throw her own party and let loose.

Happy Birthday to Me... a very *happy* blessed, 50 year old babe who can belt out a few numbers with the lads in the band.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast, sweetie!
I knew you would have a great time.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

p.s. working on pimpin your blog for the summer.

Anonymous said...

hey okay... gotta have that rock star look ya know?
thanks
M