Thursday, May 03, 2007

Under Control


I don't have a list today because the party is under control. the She-Barracuda is on the job and I've been kind of occupied trying to get back into the zone on my job. But I had an interesting thing come up and I believe the spousal unit is now realizing what he's done may not be working for him the way he expected.

Many years back when he bought our first Taurus, I had never owned my own car, so the spouse said,
"let's put this one in your name and register it for you and you'll now 'own' the car."
Fast forward about five years when I needed a car for work, because the public transportation system just sucked badly at my then, new work location. So we bought another Taurus, and even though it is mine and I drive it, the ownership and registration are in the spouse's name because I already had a vehicle registered in my name.

Yesterday, spouse asked me for the registration papers for my car. Damned if I know where they are. I am told I should keep them next to the driver's license because if I get pulled over or get into an accident I have to produce them.

MEH!
yeah ,yeah.
whatEvEr.

Spouse then goes on to tell me he has "the paperwork" to change the ownership and registrations for our cars. I had thought about this too, but figured I wasn't going to worry about it. No doubt I will have to sign something in order for our registrations and ownerships to be re-matched. Now, I could play nice and go ahead and do this. But I am thinking I'd like to be a bit bitchy and whacko about this.

My response to signing the exchange papers (aside from EFF that!)
Spouse dear, we have lawyers now. Please take your papers to your lawyer, who will then take them to my lawyer who will keep them until I see her. Once I see her and am advised, only then will I sign or not sign. Oh? the registration is due BEFORE I see my lawyer. OH well. That's the process that has been started and as you have always said, " Let any system and process take care of things, when you don't have control. I lost my control and am in a system and a process. The process will take care of the paperwork at the right time. "

I would almost rather have his car, even though mine is nicer, cleaner and newer by one year. I would trade it in and get the Mustang GT convertible.

In a heartbeat.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweets,
Just be careful you don't make too many of your Lawyers house payments if you can.

Good to hear that the Party is under control and that the baracuda is on the job.

Have a great weekend, doll.

love and hugs,
~ blondie