Monday, January 07, 2008

Calmer Waters


After a pretty rough weekend we are back to calmer waters over night and today.

The Sunday night nurse decided to put Rebel's agitation to rest and sedated her so she wouldn't feel the tubes and relax some. I came in to see her today and she was still pretty sedated. Her heart rate was lower, though it can still spike. So this is good. She is off the blood pressure meds again and that's good. They are adding some drugs to her blood to help it clot... but not too much. Her blood gases are good, and liver function is good. And she is sleeping to keep her agitation level down.

I met with one of her docs who says they want to try and take the breathing tube out some time this week. We will have a meeting with the docs to talk about "the plan" for Rebel for the next while. Again, incremental small steps.

This was a better day today.

I asked SU to talk to the Rebel Tweeny's guidance counsellor so that her teachers know what is going on. When he came home he said he didn't have time, but he did talk to her teachers... so... one visit to the guidance counsellor avoided yet there was time to talk to FOUR different teachers... sigh... as long as they are aware. RT is a little like her dad. She doesn't and hasn't said much. I am watching this. It really can't be easy for her. But I am not pushing her either.

As for SU? I don't know. I don't have the energy to deal with his feelings. And probing is out of the question.


He wants to talk.. I'll talk.


But I think I am coping with enough .

5 comments:

Rudy said...

Hi M,
I am glad to hear that Rebel is resting again. Good news that they feel she is progressing enough to come off of the breathing tube.

what is with SU?!? I wonder if he told anyone anything. Could it be they were all together at lunch or something that make this more plausible?

I hope RT isn't too much like her dad and keep it all bottled up.

{hugs} and prayers

Anonymous said...

thanks Rudy.
safe travel... btw... (-:

Rudy said...

Thanks M

only 2 days and 9 hours 'til takeoff

<-- bouncing excitedly in his seat

Anonymous said...

You are indeed coping with enough. If he wants to talk or wants your support or whatever he's gonna have to ask outright. Save your strength for your Rebel-girls and yourself since he isn't asking.

Small steps. Removing the breathing tube is a great step forward. I pray for her care-givers as they review her stats and make their decisions. I believe that God is guiding their hands in this.

prayers,love and hugs,
~ b

Anonymous said...

Hi M,

As mentioned, I am so very proud of you and your strength throughout this. As Blondie mentioned God is guiding the care-givers, the Rebel, her family and all of the friends.

Rudy, have a safe trip, Blondie keep our M going with laughter and faith...

I'll be Running for Rebel on Sunday!!!

Lots of love to all,

Hugs,
Lily