Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Progess Positive.

After a Christmas filled weekend Monday rolled around and everything continues to progress positively.

Rebel had a visit from her boyfriend's family on Sunday. They also brought her gifts for Christmas. It all made her happy.

Yesterday the decision was made to remove the lines used for dialysis. Her kidney function has returned enough over the last few days, and she only needed dialysis on a portable machine once last week, and that the doctors felt positive enough and *the numbers* were good enough to take them out. This is especially good because the lines were in a vein in her neck which was uncomfortable for sleeping.

Physio therapy continues - with Rebel using a bicycle-like contraption as she sits in a chair. The first time she used the bike thingy last week - she could only cycle for about two or three minutes. Yesterday she cycled for about 20-25 minutes and sat in the cardiac chair for over an hour in the afternoon and at least as long earlier in the morning.
Her appetite is returning - even making some of the hospital food look good. I really have to thank the dietitians and nutritionists because they are trying hard to give Rebel food that she will eat. Picky girl that she is.

For those of you in my area there will be a Fundraiser Event added called Music from the Heart - Youth Centre Fundraiser to support our Rebel on Feb 15th at the local pool hall. Contact me if you're interested in attending. The bands are all young people in the area who wanted to participate. And the Youth Centre counsellor has kids videotaping messages and the bands and burning a DVD for our girl to watch after the fact. The money raised will be presented to the Heart Institute at their telethon on the 17th of February. I am so touched.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that's all I can say,

M, I am just so excited at the wonderful progress Rebel is making! I am truly speechless...

Please send some details for the fundraiser and I'll pass the information on.....

Much love and hugs,
Lily

Rudy said...

More presents?!? Yay!

I am so happy that her kidneys are functioning better. Thanks be to God. Hopefully she will get more comfortable rest now.

This young lady is putting me to shame - exercising 20 - 25 minutes a day. Me - not so much.

{{hugs}} and +prayers+

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE NEW BACKGROUND!!!

Lily

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new background too! LOL
Info on fundraiser coming your way
My interior decorator is just awesome! (-:

m

Calories and Coffee said...

That's so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous progress for our girl. I know she is working so hard.

What a wonderful thing for these young people to do for Rebel! The Lord will bless them for their generosity and dedication.

love, hugs and always prayers,
~ blondie.

p.s. So does anyone like the new background. bwahahahahaha!

Rudy said...

I do! I do!

I just love the new background!

LOL