Friday, June 13, 2008

Can I Stand It?

Rebel showed up on our door step yesterday as did three of her friends. They all went out for dinner and took Rebel Junior with them. I am not sure if that's a good thing or not! It's nice they included her, but a 15 yr old young one with the 20+ girls is a little more than I need to deal with. They like her and the sisters are sort of getting along so that's a good thing.

This morning Rebel had tears because she feels her dad doesn't treat her well. She needs money and hates asking him. He is tight with his money because he's angry with her for how she is behaving and dealing with the BF. They are both upset and could use a facilitator to get them through. He, or course, would NEVER concede to facilitation - aka counseling, so I am not sure where this will go.

At scrap booking last night, I met a young woman who also had a bf 10 yrs older than her. She said he lasted 3 years, but that as she started going to school and meeting other people more at her intellectual level, she found that her much older bf and her didn't have a lot in common any longer. She also told me her dad HATED the bf, and wouldn't talk to him. her mother put up with him. HMMM it's all sounding familiar. One year nearly done, and perhaps two to go?

CAN I STAND IT?!?!?

My car has a flat tire Not Friday 13th related as it happened yesterday. I noticed it kind of deflating and meant to take it to the tire place and didn't get around to it. The SU told me it was flat. The tire store was closed, and Canadian Tire, when I tried calling them - kept putting me on hold or wouldn't respond to a simple phone question - "can I come in and get you to fix my tire?" SO.. the SU put the spare on my care and I drove off to scrapbook. As soon as I am done here, off I go to the *real* tire place to get the tire fixed.

Then I have to take the Rebel to the Heart Institute for her first MRSA clearance swab to see if she is clear of the infection finally.

She has blood tests first thing Monday morning before she takes her meds so no doubt she'll be sleeping here again, as the BF apparently now works across the river and I would suspect can't be bothered taking her to the Institute for her tests.

Fine by me I say.

5 comments:

Rudy said...

too bad Rebel didn't get to hear the tale of growing apart. My friend is 9 years older than her bf but they are 39 and 30 neither in the last stages of developing maturity. Then again Rebels bf doesn't sound all that mature.

It is good to hear that the girls are getting along again. Maybe it was a case of "I can't miss you if you don't go away"

It is sad that Rebel is struggling and can't approach her dad. It is good that she sees his fault in this. Now we wait for the other shoe to drop and she realizes that her actions have consequences that are less than pleasant some times.

{hugs} and +prayers+

Anonymous said...

Well, at least she shows up so you have visual proof that she is okay. And I like that the two girls are getting along. For so long, not so much.

So I am guessing that our Miss Rebel doesn't get that she is treating her father {and you} poorly and that it might have something to do with the lack of enthusiastic outpouring of cash to her.

I think you will stand it because you know in time your daughter is going to come to you. Hold tight to that, sweets.

I am keeping you all in my prayers.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a dose of reality for the princess, sorry, her actions do not warrent a sympathetic supporter at the moment, but life is tough when you grow up (and yes she has gone through an awful lot) but now she needs to learn about tithing...

action / reaction B.S....if she wants to be treated like an adult, then she should act like one. Albiet, she is going through an emotioal roller coaster that none of us can or ever will understand.

However, with that being said, money does not get doled out on a whim, maybe she should do some volunteer work at the H.I. and then maybe "earn" her keep.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

Lily

Anonymous said...

well a lot of this the Rebel needs to figure out on her own. I can talk til I am blue in the face and it won't get me far. She will get it. She's a pretty smart girl. But she has always had to do things her way.
Even when little If I said "don't touch the stove - it's hot" She wouldn't take my word for it She had to touch it and learn it by experiencing it. Some people are like that. They are just a little tougher to live with.
We'll get there. With prayers and whatever else we need to use to get her there.
Marie

Anonymous said...

Yup, Rebel and could have been twins, that's why I can relate to her. My dad learned never to try to tell me to do something, because I would do the total opposite.

Boyfriends were always 10+ years older,
Husband 20 years older....

you do learn, its just a longer, harder route to travel...she'll be fine, hey look at me!!! LMAO at that one!!!

Hugs
Lily