Monday, June 30, 2008

Not too much

going on these days.

Rebel was to have gone to a friend's cottage with the BF and his son but I believe that was kiboshed because of all the rain. She stayed at the BF's place anyway. They were to head up there today for the day. Shall see if he actually takes her or not. My money says *not.* Rebel called me this morning and asked me to ask her father for money for the week. She doesn't like asking him because he always has a comment about what she is spending it on. Granted, he doesn't want her to spend it on the BF but that part is out of his control. And then on the other hand, he takes the RJ shopping and spends on her regularly. No wonder she doesn't want to ask.

I spent Saturday evening at a young friend's house for supper. I took supper over there. She just had ACL knee surgery and her mom was in town from her east coast home. We had a lovely dinner and watched a movie. 27 Dresses. The ending made me get a little teary. Memories, nostalgia. But I got over that when I got home and saw the mess left in my kitchen - yet again!

Sunday evening another friend asked me if I wanted to go see the RCMP Sunset Ceremony and Musical Ride. Well, uniformed men on horseback! In the red serge uniform. OF COURSE I went. I don't know how to work ALL the settings on my camera and consequently I have a lot of blurry pictures. Frustration no end! But I also have a couple of very nice photos too. I thought I had my video on during the pipers - but no sound of bagpipes anywhere on that set of images Roll the eyes!

The SU has been locked up in the spare room today. I don't call it *his* bedroom because I have a ton of stuff in there and go in there regularly.

I applied for a government organization and the first 'test" is a written test - two hours - sent to me by email and I answer at home within their time frame! Kinda cool. But it is only based on two out of about ten factors in the competition poster. No doubt they are looking at writing skills as well as the knowledge about finances and HR. Two of my *favourite* subjects - rolls eyes again. I've asked a friend to coach me on this section and hopefully I can get a good enough grade to screen up to the interview stage. Gotta love government hiring. It's so fair it's almost ridiculously unfair.

I figured I had to start applying for these managerial type positions. Becoming a single mother means I will need the cash! A lot of it to keep me in the lifestyle I want to live! Goodness knows the SU is going to come after me for child support if RJ chooses to live with him - I may as well do what I can to help myself.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

Govt hiring practices are ridiculous sometimes. In our regional office they are so quota driven it is sickening. The boast of having met minority hiring practices but it doesn't really reflect the local population. Gah, I am going to have to start dealing with this.

Nothing like a reality check to crush the illusion of a movie huh?

Cool that you are getting out and enjoying life with your friends again. All those days at the hospital must have been extremely taxing.

Good luck on the job hunt. I don't know that I want to be a manager but I may have to consider it as well.

Anonymous said...

It is really nice to be getting out with friends again. The SU doesn't bother to tell me his plans and there have been a few evenings or weekends when we've both have out and the RJ has been left to her own devices. I am not happy with this state and have asked him to please inform me at least two or three days in advance of his plans.

He doesn't get it. I don't like leaving RJ alone too much. I believe at her age parental supervision is even more important. She has to know we are around and available.

Ah yes... government hiring. Fair. Whatever. I will jump through whatever hoops I have to. I like being *union* and actually prefer it. However where I am now I don't have a lot of mobility and need that too. Once I inform my manager of my plans perhaps they will find something a little more lucrative for me so i don't have to leave. Negotiation. It's all in the negotiation.

m

Lily on the Road said...

Good for you M,I'm so impressed and happy for you getting out and about. Hope you enjoyed the sunset ceremony....nice, men in boots and whips, always puts a smile on my face LOL!!!

Proactive, be positive, you're on the right track....

Hope you had a great Canada Day!!!

hugs,
Lily