Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Having a Little Fun.


I finally got around to cleaning the fridge yesterday. It took me forever. AND I also cleaned the oven. UGH what a job.

I decided to have a little fun with it and switched things around in the fridge just to see if anyone noticed. After it was cleaned I changed the shelves and moved the large stuff from the left to right side and switched the bottom drawers around too. RebelJr didn't seem to care. Rebel, as usual, was not home And the SU said nothing.... until this morning as he went looking for his usual morning glass of carrot juice and whatever else he makes for his mid life concoctions.
"Did you change this?"
"Yes, I did"
"why- I can't find what I need and this side of the fridge is smaller."
"It looks the same to me, and I just wanted to do something different."
"You're not the only one in the house. I can't get my juice."
"It's still at the back - except it's back right instead of back left."
And the RebelJr pipes up - "Dad - it's just a fridge. You're being grumpy and too much like an old man. I don't care where the stuff is as long as it's in the fridge and it's Rebel who thought mom needed to clean it - so if you don't like it - YOU clean things next time instead of whining. It's not dignified for a dad of your age to be so grumpy!"

The SU took his breakfast drink concoction and left the kitchen. I said nothing. What was there to say?

Today - I shred again and deal with old clothes. Sort for the Diabetes Association and the consignment store.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you rearranged the contents of the fridge. That is SO something I would do just to mess with people. heh!

and he should take his drink concoction elsewhere. NO one should have to watch him drink something funky.

Gotta love the RebelJr's response to him! She can stay. {for now anyways. heh}

love ya, girlfriend.
*hugs*
~ b

Anonymous said...

uhmmmm, nice job on the cleaning of the kitchen appliances, yikes..you put me to shame!

double uhmmmm, on Rebel tween....maybe there is a breakthrough going on, well except for the clothes vs. garbage.

hang in there!

Lily

Rudy said...

ROFL!!!

out of the mouths of babes.

That was EPIC!!! (to quote another youngster I am fond of)