Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's Gotta Be a Better Year.


We had a quiet Christmas Day which was fine by me. Once again Rebel Junior's friend joined us for dinner. RJ had the gall to bring her cell phone to the table and I had to threaten her with turning it off via the provider if she didn't put it away. WHO would be texting at dinner time? On Christmas Day? Rebel asked a lot of questions about last year's Christmas. We talked about it and told her it's done. She still has a tough time wrapping a lot of stuff through her head. Who can blame her.

Thank goodness I made broth out of the turkey bones because I've had some awful gastro thing for the past three days. Laid me flat in my bed since Boxing Day. I've been living on small amounts of ginger ale, saltine crackers ( the unsalted kind!) and even smaller amounts of turkey broth. My jeans fit great today! I might have to keep the fast for at least another couple of days and see if some of my skirts don't loosen up a bit too!

So I've been invited to two friends places for New Year's Eve. Given the lack of interest in food and booze for the moment, I may just curl up with a book and maybe a chocolate or two and probably stay home and sleep. Though I expect it's gotta be a better year. I am praying on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it will be a better year.

I imagine that was some conversation explaining Christmas dinner last year. Poor girlie.

Is that mistletoe for the creature? ;-)

Happy New Year

{hugs}

Lily on the Road said...

Get better girlfriend, and yes, It WILL be better!

Let's catch up soon, I'm off until the 5th....can you believe it?

Sorry I missed your call, I'll talk with you soon.

HAPPY 2009

MarieA said...

Rudy.. Creature has not been known to visit me here... sigh.... Not a lot of swamp land around here.. either that or he has a fear of the cold... or something!
ah well. kisses for those of ya who get here!