Monday, December 01, 2008

It Will Be Discussed.

It continues to surprise me that the SU doesn't believe he is playing favourites with his daughters. One is seen as the apple of his eye while the other is now kept in check about most of everything she is doing. Most of the time.

Rebel isn't working and has to be particular about the work she does do. Being immuno suppressed means that working in crowded retail conditions - not going to work. Working with money is not great. So her doc tells her to not worry and to allow us to support her. I have no issue with this at all. SU seems to have to play 20 questions with her everytime she asks for money. Now granted, I don't think the BF is really much help and doesn't spend money on movie rentals, dinners out and stuff. She seems to want to pay her own way rather than have him do it - rather in a I am woman hear me roar kind of attitude. Or perhaps the BF is broke all the time. Who knows.

On the other hand the little one seems to get anything she asks for. Yet, she continues to not do the small number of chores I assign, nor does she ever have a nice word about anything. She's become uberRebel! Miss Disrespectful of the highest order. And it ain't fun!

My belief is that the SU is disrespectful towards me and she has picked up on this and believes she can take the same attitude with me. I, on the other hand, may think the SU is a complete jack ass, but I draw the line in his children treating him as anything less than their father. While he doesn't deserve this, I don't need to stoop to his approach. I'll deal with it at the right time.

He told the Rebel Junior that I thought she'd lied to us about some of her plans over the weekend. Rather than try and draw the truth out of her and figure out if she had told us the truth or not, he just flat out told her that I said she was a liar and how did she feel about that. He then had a look on his face that said... "GOTCHA! Now what are you gonna do. ha ha ha. "

And seriously - what AM I gonna do with a father and a soon to be EX who thinks that this is the appropriate way to engage his daughter?

RJ wants to take part in a three month foreign exchange to France or Spain. While I would be all for it, I will not have her disrespecting me and then thinking she can get rewarded. This is going to be a tough one to work through particularly since I am dealing with two juveniles.

Regardless of whether or not "the law" is silent on this matter, it will be discussed as a negotiation point during upcoming mediation sessions.

Mediation date one... tomorrow - Tuesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your mediation today. I hope you are well rested and feeling strong.

{hugs}

~R

Anonymous said...

*hugs*, girlfriend.

you are in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope all went as well as could be expected.

~ b

MarieA said...

outcome to come! (-:

it wasn't half bad actually
M