Monday, December 08, 2008

Proper Care and Feeding of a Guest.


Well I got out of bed on Saturday morning to see that the SU had left the house. WTF? He leaves and he has a guest here. So guess who ended up having to feed, water and entertain said guest. I didn't mind too much because he's an okay enough guy but seriously!

I had planned on getting up because Rebel Junior had a friend sleeping over so I was making pancake batter and cinnamon buns anyway. So he benefited. Otherwise, I would have left the house and he would have had to fend for himself. I was not impressed.

I have a couple of little things to deliver to the mediator tomorrow. And then we'll see how things come together for the next meeting. I am not sure that SU will be out of the house before Christmas. Just as well at this point I guess since it is just a few weeks away. However, I've already done some furniture shopping and am looking around at paint chips. It's gonna be a reno re-do - a complete new look for the place after he's out.

Right now I am having a bit of a time financially. Because I had time off after Rebel was discharged from the hospital I am paying back my employer for the next year. It's not that much every pay but I feel it, and do wonder if I can make it on my own. I've been watching the career boards and have a couple of feelers out. As well, I've been told my position is being reviewed to get it up a couple of notches which is what I would prefer. My line of credit is getting a great work out and I just had my overdraft increased too after a lawyer's cheque, a financial planning cheque and two Mary Kay cheques, and post dated dance class cheque took me from zero to five hundred in less than 24 hours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Where did he go? What the Hell is wrong with him? GAH!

When is your next mtg with the mediator? I would be surprised if he was out of the house before Christmas. That is awfully soon and I would guess he hasn't even considered making arrangements to live elsewhere.

Hang in there, girlfriend.

love, hugs and prayers,
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, if I can make it on my own, you can! Just have to tighten the reins, re-evalutate what is necessary (groceries) and tell RJ to get a job!

Hang in there and maybe dance clases are put on the shelf...because Lord knows, we need make-up!

*Hugs*
Lil

MarieA said...

I know Lily... I do think of you every time I start to whine about my own finances. I really have nothing to complain about and just need to adjust spending. Bye bye $200 trousers and hello Winners! LOL

And Blondie, I suspect he was at his school. It's school musical time and he always builds sets. So no doubt he was at the carpentry shop. As if he couldn't have gone after his guest left.

counting pennies as I type!