Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Magical.


There's something quite magical about winter nights. Particularly winter nights with a full moon shining through the trees. I love sitting in my living room looking out into my back yard for hours. My camera isn't good enough to capture the light or the sparkling snow. Trying to describe how beautiful it is - well.. I just can't do it justice.

The snow sparkles like crystals in a jewel. The light of the moon throws shadows from the oak tree that are a rich navy blue colour - not black. It's snapping cold and quiet. And just so peaceful. And I read a book with a small reading lamp so I can enjoy the light and dark and twinkling of the snow.

SU walks in and turns on the lights, huffs and puffs about something. I don't ask any more. I am interrupted from little reverie and wait for him to be done. He leaves, and doesn't turn out the lights. Um... "SU... hit the lights please."
"How can you see anything with that little light?" but he turns out the lights.
Why I bother saying anything I don't know, but I do " I like to look at the night and moonlight - it's not often the full moon and sky are so clear. I like the light and colours."
"yeah... whatever," he says.. and heads back to his basement lair.

I go back to enjoying the night sky, take in the moon, and blue light shining, knowing it's going to be better with someone else someday who loves the light as much as I do.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to sit and take in nature at it's finest. That sounds just lovely.

*hugs*
~ b

Anonymous said...

It will be better someday... soon.

~R

Lily on the Road said...

Glad you had at least a moment to yourself.

Just think of what it will be like to have a normal life....

Lily