Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Celebrating 21.

With the Rebel's birthday this week I've been wondering what to do about a gift. I keep thinking that 21 requires a special momento gift but the girl wants an ipod touch... so that is what she will get. I also told SU that he had to buy it because I was broke and it would have to be from both of us. Given the to-do with RebelJunior's Camera - I don't think I need to pay for her birthday present. Let's not even talk about all the years I planned executed, spent money did everything for the birthdays without his active involvement. okay... I did go and get her a very cute handbag so will pop the ipod into the handbag and she will be surprised.

The meaningful gift will come at another time. Because her birth stone is a diamond I was thinking a diamond pendant or something else similar. Maybe Christmas instead.

Rebel Junior's 16th is two weeks from now too so that is also a big deal birthday. She's organizing an event at a local restaurant with her friends. Again, I wanted to get her jewelry of some kind but she wants clothes. Hollister or Guess jeans and blah blah blah.

So again, Christmas I think might be better for this type of thing. And given she's got the fancy camera ( can you see how much this thing irks me?) yes... I am getting past it - working on it - something way more modest is all she's getting. I reminded her about Rebel's 16th when I did NOTHING - because Rebel was such a Rebel that I couldn't bring myself to celebrate anything. I told RJ she was heading in the same direction.

Haven't heard from the Barracuda yet on the separation agreement. If I get nothing by Wednesday I'll call the office and demand an appointment to sign off and get done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I commented hours ago and apparently blogger ate it. Or I commented somewhere else. I wonder who's blog got the comment meant for you. tee hee.

I am sure that she will be very happy to open her new purse and find an iPod Touch hidden within. And I totally agree that he should pay. If he can afford to buy for the RT for no reason he can cough up the bucks for an iPod for his first born.

Hope you have heard from the Baracuda.

*hugs*
~ b

Anonymous said...

I like your plan. It will be the 21st and 16th Christmas and all of the drama of the separation and divorce will be behind them.

~R

Calories and Coffee said...

Happy, happy birthday rebel!!