Thursday, April 09, 2009

Thursday Thirteen


13 things to get ready for the Blessing of Easter Food Service at Church on Saturday

1. Easter Bread = babka or paska to bake on Thursday afternoon I expect
2. & 3. eggs - hard boiled at least 4-6 - turn them into deviled eggs which is ironic for Easter Sunday brunch
4. & 5. cheese cheddar and cream
6. Butter in some kind of pretty dish with a little garnish
7. ham
8. kobasa - from the polish store since there is no Ukrainian butcher in this city!
9. Ukrainian Easter eggs - pysanky for decoration/colour
10. the traditional beets/horseradish relish (to eat with the ham and/or eggs if they're not deviled)
11. & 12. salt & pepper
13. A bottle of wine

okay... I cheated... so... it's my blog I'll cheat if I want. Watch for photos of the basket on Saturday's blog after the service late afternoon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the photos.

Haven't heard from the daughter yet so I have no idea what is going on.

I suspect my friends Matt and Karo will invite me over. She has for years.

~R

blondie16 said...

I can't imagine that Karo won't invite you over, darlin. Or she {or Kat} will phone and ask you were the hell you are. LOL!

T. Looking forward to the photos.

~ b

MarieA said...

geez Rudy,
I'D invite you over....

Calories and Coffee said...

Isn't your Easter late like ours is?

MarieA said...

we can do both... depends on your church. My church - foolishly celebrates both Julian and Gregorian Calendar because it's the only Eastern Rite Ukrainian church in town In other cities the churches are one or the other.
So... long story short.. easier to celebrate with everyone else. If I was out west - I'd probably stick to the other calendar.
did that make sense?

Calories and Coffee said...

Ooohhh okay. That makes sense. We only celebrate the Orthodox one so this year we get everything on clearance again. Wooohooo!