Friday, April 03, 2009

Waiting for the Weekend.

The mediator sent a note apologizing for the delays. She was sick for a week. She should have said something - it's customer service regardless of the profession. So the agreement is going to the barracuda. I told her - the barracuda that I wanted this expedited at this point. Shall see when I hear back.

The mediator also suggested a session with her partner who has plenty of "experience" with parents on the "non-legal" issues. So I in my smart ask way ask "oh really. why? Does he have a psychology degree or is he a shrink as well as a lawyer?" So even though a lawyer's hour is going to cost me double what a therapist charges, I said I would agree to a separate mediation on parenting issues. The SU as expected has not responded. It's Monday or not at all.

The Rebel tells me that she suspects the SU of drinking - in private in the garage. Today, after I got a whiff of his breath as he was talking at me, I had to agree. Hmmm

I am so waiting for the weekend. Our women's retreat from church is Saturday and I am really looking forward to this. Our facilitator is a woman who runs a retreat house in the city and I've heard nothing but very good things about the work she does.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the mediator can't help being sick but she or her office should certainly done a much better job of communicating with clients.

SU is drinking in the garage huh... no parties being put on by people half his age at the moment? Or maybe it is starting to hit him - divorce, total responsibility for RJ when she is at his house (which sounds like it will be more than less since he caters to her every whim), the situation with his folks. Too bad they have to go past the point of no return before they learn. Or maybe it is the loss of his fantasy woman. Wasn't she recently engaged or married or moving or something?

Your weekend sounds wonderful. Is it an overnight retreat, a day or weekend of workshops and presentations? In any case, I hope it is very informative, supportive and fun.

{hugs}
~R

MarieA said...

Hi Rudy
Yes to all your questions re SU's fantasy woman. She's engaged to be married and will probably be leaving the city - if not this school year than next. Yep.. all of these things are probably causing him to drink.

THe retreat is for the day... starting with a liturgy at church for Lazurus Saturday. In the eastern rite Lent ends this Saturday with this Service. ( seriously! - but still no alcohol during Holy Week) LOL
So we will then head to a house for the day and work with a woman who leads a ministry from a place called madonna house - they do amazing work with women. We'll have just the day.
I have to get my own act together and hope this day session will help as we do indeed head for a round of "talks" on Monday with a suited lawyer instead of a counsellor. roll eyes.
have a good weekend too Rudy

Lily on the Road said...

Rudy nailed it (as always)...

enjoy your weekend! Monday will roll around soon enough. have a great time.

*hugs*
Lily

blondie16 said...

I hope you have a wonderful retreat tomorrow. Let the rest fall away until Monday if you can.

love and hugs,
~ b