Tuesday, April 07, 2009

No Surprises.

I heard nothing from the SU after I cancelled the planned meeting with the mediator. No surprise. Mind you he's hiding in the basement - hockey game tonight. He won't be around except between periods. I don't expect he'll go for counselling. It scares him.

I've noticed that he's emptied the book shelf in the living of most of his books. He left one behind that I bought him a couple of years ago. It was autographed by the author but I don't think he even read it. Interesting story that. The author was visiting our city and he called from work to tell me was going to go a book reading with one of the teachers - female - at his school. This was shortly after he dropped the bomb in the days when I was acting quite irrationally. Almost at the wacky lady stage. I was seriously insecure and who wouldn't have been given the situation. I guess when I ripped through him over the phone ending up with a serious hang up - land lines are so much better for that sort of thing - he "re set" and decided to come home instead of go hear the author.

About six weeks later the author was back so I went with a friend stood in line for about an hour, bought the book (hard cover which I rarely buy) and had it autographed. I did feel a little bad for how I reacted and was trying to apologize.

Unfortunately the SU has never been gracious in accepting gifts. Not from me, not from his children or anyone else from what I've learned. He never did read the book. Which does make me wonder why he wanted to go to the reading. I suspect the fantasy girl was probably attending so he wanted to chase after her in his creepy way. I will probably sell the book at my planned yard sale if he leaves it behind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There were a couple of books of poetry that I got the ex that I had written an inscription inside the cover. She left them behind when she left. I don't recall now if she asked for them later down the road or not. Basically I kept them due to the fact that I liked the poetry in them.

~R