Monday, April 13, 2009

Pretty Low Key.

I made to Easter Liturgy for the last bit of the Matins Service that started at 7 AM. I am so not good in the morning. The liturgy started at 8 AM and by 9:30 we were done. I love when Easter Sunday morning is all bright and sunny with no snow on the ground.

The family was still asleep when I rolled in so I had a peaceful breakfast - two slices of my extraordinarily good Easter Bread with fresh butter. ummmm

The SU went out for the day. Apparently construction at other people's houses tends to trump respect for the holiday or for any type of family gathering - so I went ahead and planned our late brunch without him.

Rebel was pissed. "What's with him *working* on Easter?" Rebel and her boyfriend went to visit his grandfather - Rebel Junior has been vegetarian for almost a year now so ham isn't in her repertoire for now so it was pretty low key all the way around. I was fine with that. It's what I like about Easter. No presents. The girls were NOT keen to hunt for chocolate eggs - I hid them anyway. One chocolate bunny each. I was done. Simple in keeping with the reason for the holiday in my opinion.

SU ate canned salmon when he walked in at supper time. I am beyond saying anything. Why bother. He clearly has no clue or interest in family and I have given up any expectation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did end up getting a snow shower. Several. Light ones though.

My Easter was low key too. Spent the day at a friend's house.

Didn't hear from either of my kids.

~R

Anonymous said...

Sometimes low key is needed to refresh our soul.

love ya, girlfriend {you too, R.}

*hugs*
~ b

MarieA said...

Very true Blondie, very true.

appreciate this point of view.

Interesting how Christmas is so hyped yet without Easter - it would not mean nearly as much.

Low key is indeed good for the soul.