Tuesday, July 28, 2009

ChequeMate.

I've been finishing up the real estate stuff for the house. Unlike in the US - nothing sits in escrow accounts. The deal is done the transaction gets cleared through the bank's mortgage centres and the money is put into my lawyer's account. She writes me a cheque and we're done. She asked me if I wanted XSU's cheque and I told her to call him and he could go downtown and pick up his own damn cheque. AS IF I should do that. Of course being my pretty suit - and long time acquaintance she laughed and agreed. The challenge will be for her to actually get XSU at the end of the telephone. She did email him, copied me and his shark, telling him all the above. His Shark also called the house and left a very cute coded voice mail message. I just deleted it as XSU has never been known to pick up voice mail.

XSU has moved nothing. He was been gathering bills and paid statements for utilities and leaving them for me to review I suspect. I believe he thinks this will entitle him to not pay me rent until he moves out. This is not likely to happen.

The next few days should prove interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course he is moving nothing. He really believes he doesn't have to until he gets the money. I am all for packing his shit up and putting it in a storage facility with the first month paid while he is in Nova Scotia. {provided he hasn't actually moved his crap out which I am thinking isn't going to happen.} Then change the locks on the house and send the info concerning where he crap is to his new addy.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

~ b

Anonymous said...

LMAO, go get his own check. For sure!

Was his paying these last bills in the agreement? Awfully nice of him but rent is still due. And if he heads out of town.... find the sleaziest, cheapest storage facility and just drop it off like Blondie says.

~R