Monday, July 27, 2009

De-Nile is not a river in Egypt

XSU has managed to put all the baseboards in Rebel's old room and the cord around too. No doubt I'll have to plug the nail holes, sand and paint the trim becausethat won't be done before he is out. It is close to midnight as I write this and that man is on his hands and knees fixing the spots the Rebel's puppy chewed up, That damn dog took a fair sized chunk out of the stairs....and here it is midnight and he is scraping, sanding and doing who knows what.

He has known that he was leaving for months now, and he picks three days before he goes to start messing around.

And I continue to be astounded with XSU and his complete lack of sensitivity to the deed that has to be done - telling his daughters that he is moving out. We had the prime opportunity on Saturday afternoon and he stopped me Completely stopped me. This man is so far up the Denial River that he is barely afloat.

He called his sister and told her he bought a house. Trouble was he had never told her he was looking for a divorce so she got to ask a lot of questions. She was in the loop because I put her there, but she had some fun with him any way. I'd like to be a fly on the wall during the conversation with his mother.

In the meantime, I think I will have to take matters into my own hands and deal with the girls myself since XSU is avoiding dealing with the biggest decision he has ever made in his life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I continue to be amazed at him. Who cares about the baseboards when he should be packing up his shit? He already knows that a handy-stud is going to be doing things about the house.

Perhaps it is related to not telling the girls. If they see him packing up to move it will raise questions that he doesn't want to answer while doing things around the house that you have wanted done for a long time makes him look good.

Since he is playing these favoritism games and you are going to have to tell the girls yourself why not throw him to the wolves? Get them in the room and say girls, your father has something to tell you about why he is divorcing me and moving out at the end of the week. Then leave the room maybe. bwahahahaha

~R

MarieA said...

Hey Rudy,
Don't think that thought hasn't crossed my mind.

Anonymous said...

The girls probably know something is up since he has been leaving papers out for anyone to see. Add to that his bizarre interest in doing household maintenance and they most certainly have to be thinking something.

I refused to tell my kids anything that he should have been telling them. They would ask and I would tell them they would have to ask him. That being said, CS was true to form and left one morning and just didn't come back. I did indeed end up telling them that he was not coming back home. *sigh*

*hugs* to you and the girls.
~ b