Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spousal Ennuie no longer


And XSU left today mid afternoon after finishing up in the garage. He took apart his not so secret grow op box where he had a little nursery. He then proceeded to walk me through what he left behind and where it was. We got to a pile of door casings, cord around for baseboards and other trim from the stairs.

" If your guys are looking for the trim here it is all ready to go." And he proceeded to point out what was what. I was so ANGRY at this point. I had just done a look-see in Rebel's old room where he finished the baseboards and sure enough, little holes every 2 inches - bad matching of cuts and wrong colour of boards. The matching boards were actually left in the spare bedroom where he was sleeping. He didn't even know they were there.

As he finished explaining I couldn't help myself. "This should have been finished." I really wanted to HURT him. A LOT!


"I didn't have time," he whined.

BIG deeeeeeep breath.. "umm five years this stuff has sat here.. five years! WHAT have you done in five years?!"

I had to walk away in disgust.

At this point Rebel Junior asked me to take her to a friend's place so I told XSU he had to leave since I was going out.

"I need to use the phone because I don't have one hooked up yet. I haven't had time."

Why be bitchy particularly when your offspring is sitting right there. I guess he expected me to leave the room. AS IF. He took the phone to another room and I told RJ we'd leave once her dad was done.

I needed to make the point that he was now a visitor and had no right of access. RJ was a little frustrated with me because I wasn't hurrying hurrying on her behalf.

And then he left. In typical fashion without saying anything.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Item 1 - change locks and reset garage door opener.

Item 2 - girls need to understand that this is a legal thing now. He is not allowed over and never to remove anything without you being there. The agreement has things you have to live up to and this is one of the things he has to be held to. It isn't about being nice or neighborly, it is a legal document. Yes, he is still their dad but this is the way it is.

mad, glad, sad... you will hit them all and sometimes all within an hour. This is normal.

{hugs}
~R

MarieA said...

you mean there is such a thing as an "automatic" garage door opener?!?!

Must put that on my list.. lol


thanks Rudy..... (-:

Anonymous said...

On further reading... number 2 looks a little harsh. I wasn't saying that he couldn't visit his daughter in her home. I was just trying to say that he couldn't come and go as he pleased and there should be no "oh I forgot to pack this that or the other thing". He needs to deal directly with you for such items.

~R

blondie16 said...

Hey Girlfriend,

Hows it going? I am sorry that it has been a rough couple of days but you have lived to tell the tale. Life will be so good for you now. Your life, your way.

Make sure you allow yourself to feel what you feel. Like Rudy said, you will hit all the emotions. Let them come.

Whatcha got planned for the weekend?

love, hugs and happy TGIF!
~ b

blondie16 said...

p.s. It hasn't updated on your blog list over on your sidebar but there is a new post up on my digs.

Happy Saturday!

love and hugs,
~ b

Calories and Coffee said...

Hey,
I finally caught up on your blog. Yes, he's a RAMB but you're free!!! Wooooohooo!