Thursday, July 23, 2009

I am NOT having it.

This morning, the XSU presented me with a hand written account of expenses he has incurred for which he wants reimbursement: half of Rebel Junior's exchange programme fee, the car insurance, and something else I think. All legitimate things. And yes I do understand I have to reimburse for these things.

HOWEVER I see no sign that he is moving out, so I told him that yes I will reimburse him AFTER he is moved - everything he plans on taking including all the crap in the garage that he calls his workshop. He assumed that meant the cash for his house as well. I told him that my family lawyer was processing the transaction and would have things done Friday or Monday so the bank can release the monies. Given that he didn't start house hunting til the end of June I am not inclined to be going out of my way telling the family lawyer suit to "hurry it up."

From what I have been hearing him tell his people he was planning on staying in my house past the 28th - his close date - go to Nova Scotia to visit his family on the 30th July til mid August and then return and move his stuff out. I am not on with this. Stuff gone first. Then, any reimbursement money over and above the equalization payment which is forthcoming.

He left the house rather ticked off and had what I call his "legal portfolio" with him so I expect he will call his lawyer. I have sent the Barracuda a note with this same information. Stay tuned - I imagine things are going to be interesting.

He has had time to buy a new car, and to talk about how he is going to "finish" the bedroom and the bathrooms, but to actually get his crap out the door - not even close to getting done. I am NOT having it.

4 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

He legally should have been out on the 15th. He is playing you.

Stand firm, pack him up if necessary leave everything he owns ON the driveway in front of the garage NOT in it.....get him out.

Jackhole....gah!!!

Anonymous said...

Stick to it, girlfriend. At least to a point where you don't make yourself liable for anything. {I did put the X's crap out on the front porch but would have dragged it all into the garage had he not shown up by nightfall}

Hopefully his suit will tell him o abide by the agreement and GTFO of your house.

*hugs*
~ b

Anonymous said...

I say keep it in the garage since it isn't usable at the moment anyway. Make a few calls to self storage places and present him with a counter bill for storage. Prorated from the 15th - 31st of July of course, duly noted so he knows you kindly gave him a break and didn't charge the full month (something the rental place likely would do). In fact, I would itemize it like that 1.rent for July 2. deduction for 1 - 14 July

and then, like lily and blondie say, dump everything of his in the garage. Hell, charge him for moving labor too. Or let RJ do it and when she whines about it not being her stuff say it isn't yours either and you don't care how careful she is with it. then it is between the two of them bwahahahahaha.

It was in writing and he agreed to it. 15th. His welcome is used up.

~R

MarieA said...

oh no kidding. And yet he's thinking he's doing me some kind of favour. Seriously. Get the EFF outta my house! He *really believed he could leave his stuff here while he went off to Nova Scotia. I mean really!