Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stealth Moves.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night .I left the bedroom and noticed every light was still on downstairs.I went down to turn them off and saw the doors were wide open too. I shook my head. I locked all the doors, turned all the lights out and thought XSU - you're an idiot. What are you doing? But this has been typical behavior. He hasn't done the "man of the house" duties for some time. As I rolled back into bed with the dog beside me thinking he was going out for a walk, the clock said 2:55 AM. I was just falling asleep and I heard the front door open - it would seem that XSU had been packing stuff or something into his station wagon. 3 AM and he is doing stealth packing.

This morning the phone rang at 7:15 -
"Is Mr XSU there please"
EFF this I think - " no he doesn't live here any longer sorry."
" OH! He gave this number and he forgot to sign something for the rental truck."

Oh great... so now I am going to have a truck in my yard and the father of my children has told them nothing. sigh.....

I tried playing a waiting game and got no where and left for work. I was on the road and realized I had forgotten my purse behind. Funny how the unconscious mind works. No purse no money no locker key no work id card - nothing. I turned around, drove home and lo and behold a big ass moving truck is parked across the street from my house. XSU saw me pull up and attempted to weasel away.

I stopped him - and blasted him in the middle of the street - low tones of course no banshee yelling. " What kind of insensitive, unemotional selfish bastard are you? You park a big ass moving truck in your yard and you don't even have the guts to tell your children you're breaking up their family?! You should be ashamed of yourself. Do NOT expect my help on this one. You're wearing this. What is your plan?"

He of course had none. He told me to go to work and he would "take care of it."

As it happened I had to pick up Rebel today so she could borrow my car for some running of errands. We are driving along and she received a text message from her sister " dad and mom are separating - dad bought a house and is moving today. no surprise eh? "

nice - well done you idiot RAMB - ratassmoronbastard!
really really nice.

I stopped the car called Rebel Junior - she "sounded fine" but who knows. Both girls as I figured - had found XSU's papers about the real estate transaction and the mediation docs he had left lying around and put 2 and 2 together- but didn't expect him to leave til before school started.

I asked Rebel how she was doing. We both had a little cry - me for them and their insensitive boor of a father - who was so much into his own agenda he didn't even what he was doing.

Whatever. Rebel is worried about me living alone in my house. I told her not to be - that I was starting to get things done and it would be a great place to be living. She still believes that Rebel Junior and her exchange student will be living with XSU. I find that rather hard to take, but we'll see.

Stay tuned. Shall see what else transpires during the day. I'll leave the tale of the dead deep freezer for another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. He is almost gone and you and the girls can concentrate on healing.

love and hugs to you all,
~ b

Anonymous said...

{hugs}

so he is a big boy and can fantasize and/or chase other women but he can't man up and be responsible with his daughters. what a tool.

middle of the night moving? sheesh.

we all kinda figured leaving paperwork out was how he "planned" to handle telling the girls. At least you were available to talk to them when they found out with certainty.

Hang in there.

more {{hugs}}

~R