Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Monday Musings


The legal front - Saw my personal lawyer who dealt with the letter from spouse's lawyer in a phone call while I sat in her office.
"Really colleague," she said," take the chill down. My client has been emotionally drained by your client and needs to find the right representation. The legal suit she wants is in court battling another rattassmoronspouse, and when she is done, she'll give you a call. In the meantime, my client has chosen a mediator and your client will play along. The barracuda chosen by my client will call you when she has a moment. So.... tell your client to take a pill and relax. "
All into voice mail. It was a pleasure to witness. AND it cost me nothing.... so far.


Our first dispute will be around the real separation date. Apparently you can be living together but legally separated. This will affect how my pension and investments are managed. This will be my first cost of about $600. to have this done. Shall see how the She-Barracuda-suit decides I need to handle this. I will leave it to her to give me advice on this one as it is the all important one.

I felt much better leaving her office as I now seem to have things in hand and feel somewhat in charge again. I realize I need to be in charge. It was such a beautiful day - sunny and hot actually. I went to the trendy part of town, sat myself down at a patio and had a beer and a bite after this and enjoyed the sun and people watching. Some man started chatting me up and wanted to pay for my drink but I had already paid the waitress. The waitress came and told me after that he had asked her who was the "hot woman was sitting alone who seemed to be enjoying life." I had to laugh. It made my day. I think the stuff I learned at the workshop my be paying off. I must be giving off some kind of positive energy. How cool is that?

More on being in charge-

I took a couple thousand out of the joint line of credit to start paying for pension crunching and deposits on lawyers. I've rarely used the joint line of credit. The spouse seems to believe it is his personal property. He doesn't manage his money very well. He'll take three quarters of his paycheque and put it against the line of credit and then not have any walk around cash. He then goes back to the lofc and withdraws. He was quite taken aback when he saw that I had helped myself.

I went to the bank to get pre-approval for a mortgage. I walked out with pre-approval AND my own line of credit for a hefty sum so that was a bonus.

Was into serious retail therapy yesterday. Bought a dress and another dress: One (tomato and ivory coloured swishy thing) for the two weddings I have to attend this year... Calgary and California here I come! AND one ... just because I had to have it... zebra print... black and white number... it's so me! I also bought a few little items of clothing, as well as a pair of new sandals for work. This doesn't take into the account the three tickets I bought for Phantom of the Opera in the loge seats... This was before I got the line of credit amount I might add!

I find retail therapy to be good for the stress of dealing with ratassmoronspouses!

Expensive but therapeutic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice dress choice!!!

Zebra

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! And oddly ( or perhaps not so oddly!) it's not my *first* zebra print either... much to the Tweeny's dismay! LOL!
M

Annie said...

I bet Tweeny and Rebel are jealous! Good for you...especially getting hit on....even better. This seminar you attended must have been amazing!

Annie