Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday Musings


So in the stress of dealing with this separation crap and finding the right counsel, I am also applying for other jobs... as a single mom I am going to need more money right? Two interviews in the next two weeks.

AND my dad has told me he has sold his house and moving... in two months! Fifty years of living have to be cleared out his home.
He didn't react well when I told him of impending life changes at the spousalennuie home. In fact, he didn't really comprehend what I was telling him. No surprise really. He really did believe in "forever" with my mom and to this day is quite bereft. He wants to "have a talk"
with the spouse. I have told him... please do NOT go there. It will be a complete waste of time.
My dear dad is saddened by this, and just doesn't get it.
Welcome to the club!


My siblings have been very good about all my stuff. Truly supportive. When mom was dying one sibling really kept the family together and managed most of the care issues. After my mom died, his mother -in law-died six months later and now his father-in-law is diagnosed with leukemia. He has enough on his plate, I have to go home and help dad. Since I am going to end up with only half a house, I will see what of mom's chine crystal and silver my dad isn't interested in and scoop some of it back to my house. That plus all my mom's photos - year's worth of scrap booking I am sure. A painting or two that I will check on with the sibs and see if they mind if I take them.

I have two professional conferences next month at which I am speaking. One in town and one in Atlantic Canada. Managing all this while trying to move forward with my life and the crap being thrown at me is a tad stressful.

Oh... did I mention - more dental work coming?

The Counsel I want is hugely busy. I've sent her an email with my short term requirements and we'll see what she can do. If the She Barracuda is too busy, I've been given the names of two male sharks Once of whom handled a couple of the local "celebrity" type splits in town... worth millions. Can I afford him? Probably not, but he'll pass me down to an acolyte no doubt.
I am also not without a brain and could probably handle most of the legal paper chase myself rather than pay his people to do it. It's not rocket science and I am fully prepared to do it.

I need the new job for the money.
I like speaking at conferences - I should have been an actor.
I need to go home to help my dad.
I need new teeth... a woman "out there" without teeth.... not a pretty sight!

It's getting the priorities straight.
I know what they are - not to worry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do have a plate full Marie, or as I always say, you're trying to put 10 pounds of sh_t into a 5 pound bag.

You'll be fine, I know you'll get your priorites in order.

Love and hugs,
Lily

Calories and Coffee said...

I'm glad you have so much support! Good luck on the interviews!