Thursday, July 12, 2007

13 on Thursday


Thirteen Musings or Mutterings!

1. No one should have to deal with wisdom tooth pain while at the same time dealing with water retention that makes you look pregnant…. AND taking heart medicines.
2. Did you know that a McDonald’s Crispy Chicken has almost 1500 mg of sodium? If you’re on a sodium restricted diet of 2000 mgs a day, you’ve taken up ¾’s of your sodium intake for a day on one measly chicken thingy. And let’s not even look at soda!
3. Managers who say… “your website needs revamping because …. and the technical term used was “it sucks” need to go back to basic training.
4. Spousal units who say “you didn’t tell me you called the doctor” need to get up at 7:30 AM when the phone calls are being made instead of sleeping until noon and assuming that it’s all new information. (eye rolling action)
5. A lipstick librarian is one who is atypical and understands that brains alone do not get the job done. ALL jobs are done exceedingly better handled while wearing Mac’s Russian Red.
6. The new John Twelve Hawks book, the second in the series about the Harlequins called The Dark River, is finally out on the shelves. Get off the grid….. NOW!
7. No, SU, I will not be home for dinner when the young man who hosts parties and his live in girlfriend come to dinner this evening. Thanks for asking me yesterday. I am going to a Patricia Wall workshop instead.
8. Time to paint the master bedroom while SU is out of town. My colours… MY way! Call the handy girlfriend for assistance and expert guidance.
9. Have a party with the Rebel. She needs a woo hoo time!
10 Low sodium low fat cheetos don’t taste too bad!
11. Do I really want to endure two hours *under the knife* getting a bone graft over where my front tooth should be so I can get a titanium implant and a pretty new crown instead of the Flipper tooth currently installed in my mouth?
12. Do I buy the mustang now… or at the end of summer before the next season’s cars are out?
13. Which to sip first… the Dalwhinnie or the Glenmorangie?

3 comments:

Rudy said...

thanks for the update on the librarian thing.

the initial adjustment to low sodium sucks but it does get better. I drink low sodium v-8 and think nothing of it. Others tasting it for the first time think I have grown a third head. Think about it dear *wink*

Purple, I vote for purple paint.

if available deals should get progressively better as dealers need room on their lots more urgently for the new fall arrivals.

and Glenmorangie, definitely

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

ah thank you.... nothing like a man who can help a woman make a decision in the middle of mutterings...
need to check on the blonde... poor soul.
funny... Rebel was asking about V08 this evening! Funny how that works!
Glenmorangie it is..
(-:
m

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking on me.
I seem to have lived to tell the tale.

I hope all is well with you and your Rebel. {and your other rebel} She continues to be in my prayers.

Party on, dudes!

love and hugs to you all,

~ blondie