Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer Sunday




It is a beautiful day today. A perfect summer day. The liturgy at church today was especially nice. It is the 7th or is it 8th? Sunday after Pentecost today. The Sunday of our Forefathers. We had five visiting priests at the Altar today including a visiting Roman Catholic guy who was a tad lost. And the congregation seemed to have a gained a couple of extra bass singers today too. Nothing like that bass voice to add depth to all the responses. WE sing all the responses in three or four parts - in the byzantine style. It sounded extra special and full today. Must have been the fine weather that brought out the best in everyone. I gave thanks today for Rebel's small steps. "I got out of the shower today mom and I didn't have to take a rest before I got dressed." We all seemed to walk out of church humming our favourite response near the end of the liturgy - the one where the bass singers lead...
"Blessed be the name of the Lord... now and forever!"
It always sends a shiver down my spine as we sing it. Indeed! It's the small things that we come to appreciate in our lives. And it seems that Sundays such as this one are when we are reminded of these things.


In the meantime, RebelTweeny has sent me email asking to come home from down east. "please buy me an airplane ticket. It's $129 on Porter!" She's had enough of her older cousin "bossing her around". Yeah well, if your dad wants to buy the airplane ticket okay, but I am kind of enjoying the peace and quiet around here.

Today I will enjoy a Sunday the way Sunday should be enjoyed. The newspaper will go out with me on the quarter deck - yes... I've down sized it again... it's not even a half. A shot of Bailey's in my coffee and I will savour the day and count my blessings.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer Sunday and counting your blessings.

1 comment:

Rudy said...

Good Monday Morning M
I guess I didn't check back yesterday afternoon.

My Sunday was rainy and dreary. I put a fire in the glass front wood stove to take some dampness out of the air.

I did get to IM the boy child who is serving in Afghanistan at the moment. He has some challenges to face but seems in good spirits. We had a fine chat.

Glad to hear the Reb is making progress.

You are all in my prayers.

*hugs*