Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Keeping Cool


....... under the circumstances.

Interestingly, as I was musing about when the SU might turn up with our RebelTweeny I received a phone call from the sister in law. They are not leaving the east coast until Friday and with the niece in tow as well. Her dad, SU's single dad brother, is staying behind in the east for "peace and quiet." Apparently, niece would give both Rebel and Rebel Tween a run for the money in the drama & dare department. His parental style, according to the SIL, is similar to SU's. Can you see the eyes rolling?! I am none too pleased with this information. She will be here alone without her dad for nearly two weeks.

RebelTween has a baby sitting engagement which I will NOT allow her to forfeit. I am not expecting the SU to take this into account. I will be back at work full time so I most certainly won't be entertaining niece. Rebel isn't much in the mood or even able really to entertain said niece.

Sister in law figured I wouldn't know about this turn of events and accurate she was. I was pleased she gave me the heads up on what was down the road. WhatEvEr. Niece will be SU's problem. I will no doubt need to ensure that RT doesn't decide to take her on midnight walks or outings late into the evening. Sister in law asked if I was ready to handle this, and I told her I was too tired to deal with another problem teen. She said she wasn't surprised to hear it.

That same evening RT called me to give me the same news. I let her know "quitting" her mother's helper job over the next two weeks was not an option. At first she balked, but I let her know how disappointed the mom would be if she didn't show, and worse, how disappointed the FIVE, yes count'em FIVE kids, and another due in October, would be if she didn't show. She'll go and enjoy it for her $12 bucks a day! I am thinking about calling the SU at his parents place, oh did I mention that RT is with aunt and SU is at his parents, so kid isn't even spending time with her dad? - yes... calling SU and to let him know how things will be when he brings the niece home with him. The bigger question is also, where will niece and her dad sleep? With SU in the spare room and me not about to give up sleeping smack in the middle of my queen size bed... where is he planning on putting everyone? I suggest a hotel!

Rebel and I spent three hours at the Heart Institute this morning. Rebel went through a bunch of tests. The echo cardiogram again, blood work and a nuclear med thing... radio active stuff injected into her veins so that pictures could be taken of the stuff hitting her heart and what was going on in there. I worry a bit about what happens to these little bits of radio active material in her body. However on the other hand, if it helps heal, that 's good. But ... how does it " go away" as per the lab tech who did the test?

Glad to be off work. I've read and reread the harassment policy and will need to chat with she who believes in dictating rather than leading to let her know that "abuse of authority" is harassment. I am not usually one to be too perturbed by idiot managers, I mean... there are so many of them in the world, but given how my life seems to be one major thing after another, I believe I will feel good taking this one down a notch or two. She doesn't deserve the job. She can't do it. She needs to be booted back to private. 1 star general material? - hell... she ain't even sergeant material. Boot camp. Back to basics before attempting to lead anyone.

A/C gone again! sigh. And it's a hot one today. 32 degrees C; 96ish F for the US folks. A/C guy back tomorrow. It's weird. The A/C machine outside the house is working, but the furnace inside isn't. I am not likin' this.

I'm thinking chicken caesar salad and cold BEvERages for supper. I am also thinkin we're not either of us going to be moving around too quickly either. Shall sit in my chair, listening to the CBC and cropping photos for the scrapbooks!

Keep cool

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

SU is insane. I hope you will just tell him that keeping track of yet another teen is not in your plans and that this is ALL him. Idiot!

Nice that your SIL thought to give you the heads up.

When will you know results of the testing that was done for Miss Rebel? I keep her in my prayers always.

Hopefully you will be able to resolve the conflicts at work quickly and quietly. You need to be able to do your job without having to worry about insane people trying to undermind you and make your work day miserable.

Chicken Caesar sounds YUMMY for dinner.

Wishing you a cool evening and a quick fix for your A/C.

love and hugs.
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

P.S.

96°? Thats comfortable no sweater weather.

giggle

~ b

Anonymous said...

Results from this round of tests will be with the doc next week some time we were told. They also go the family doctor for her files.

AH yes... no motber of the year award for me. Poor Rebel, threw up the ice cream we got at the mall after the tests. The heat is bothering her.
having never been one to clean up barth even when the kids were babies, the poor sick Rebel had to clean up as I stood there gagging my brains out. Pathetic excuse for a mother am I. Barth, has always been a dad job! lol! So I did the next best thing - and ran out and bought a couple of bigass fans for the upstairs.

I had to wrap my hands in plastic to take the mop up towels full of barf to the basement to throw into the washer. double pathetic as I again started on the gag reflexes. Fear Factor... NEVER an option for me! sigh... poor kid.
m

Rudy said...

Don't be hard on yourself M. Everybody has things that make them gag.

Keep hydrated. When I rode the Al-Can it was 33 in Alberta. Oy. I ended up spending the better part of the day in an Edmonton ER that was partially heat related.

I gotta take Blondie hiking on a glacier not far up the road from me. I'll dig out a winter jacket for her :-)

From what I have seen SU doesn't do so well with one teen, what is he gonna do with two? Fecking Eejit!

I hope work smooths over so you can tend to business that needs it.

Síocháin

Anonymous said...

you know... I gotta do soething with the finger nails I know it's BARFFFFF not barth..... rolls eyes. I really can type worth a damn... proof reading... even worse! lol

Ah yes... keep the Rebel hydrated... and he is a nurse too! OF COURSE. she has to watch her fluid intake... will take her some popsicles... poor thing...

Glacier... I've done that on the Columbia icefields... yeah... she'll need a winter coat... touque and mitts too no doubt for those sensitive california extremities...

ducking..

Rudy said...

Does Blondie even know what a touque is? Maybe I can put the Great White North album on cassette for her LMAO It has Geddy! (rock out with my... )

Nurse schmurse. I am a care taker. One of the apparently rare "good" dads.

Now if I can convince Blondie to stand on a glacier maybe I can get her to play doctor........

Anonymous said...

M,

I am so sorry that Miss Rebel is feeling barfy. Poor girl. Give her a hug for me. Well..once she no longer feels like barfing that is. NO need squeezing her and causing her to barf on you or anything.

A fine line between keeping her hydrated and also watching her fluid intake. sigh.

Feel better Rebel.

BTW, the X was in charge of barf.

as he should have been.

*hugs*
~ b

Anonymous said...

Okay you two.

What in the world IS a touque? I suppose I could look it up but I am going to say its more fun to see what you people come up with.

and is it laugh at the freezing california girl day?

giggle

~ b

Rudy said...

I have ways to warm you up!

;-)

Anonymous said...

hat worn in winter... pull it down over your ears. cuter with a pom pom on top. I couldn't figure out how to drag the image in here
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Fphu5QUBzNSyqM:http://www.securityuniforms.ca/images/products/touque.gif
m

Anonymous said...

i don't think that's gonna work.
check back tomorrow!
m

Rudy said...

I am sure blondie has hit wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuque

in the U.S. we call them stocking caps. Not the ones with the long tails but M is right, most think of a hat with the pom on the top.

It is what grandma would have knit for you.

In WI (closer to Canada than CA) we knew what touques were. In H.S. we were big fans of Bob & Doug McKenzie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie

I have this album LOL

Anonymous said...

bob and Doug... the 12 days of Christmas, eh? a holiday standard everywhere in Canada!
A/C guy coming in t-2.5 hours... whew!