Monday, July 16, 2007

Tranquil Times.


Ah... the Spousal Unit and Rebel Tweeny have gone to visit the outlaws out east. It's quiet. No tension in the house. Rebel and I are thinking of taking in the Harry Potter movie if the boyfriend isn't keen.

RT forgot *my* camera at home. Upon arrival at the Aunt's house RT called and asked me to express post the camera to her. I half rolled my eyes, but then thought... why not. She is quite good with the thing. She takes some terrific photos so I suppose I should encourage her. I will do as she asks.

It will be interesting to see what the SU decides to tell his parents about the spousal ennuie. My sister in law and I both figured out that we would have been much better friends if he had had some kind of relationship with his family. He doesn't have much of anything to do with them, and feels some kind of deeply held resentment towards his sister. Because of it, she and I are not as close as I am to my brothers' wives.... good girlfriends - close and loyal. Said sister in law has already told me she will probably try and attempt to get my story of the marriage in as the SU attempts to paint me into what ever place he chooses. I told her that it didn't matter. He's going to say and do what he wants. I can't change that. And frankly, it really doesn't matter. She thinks her brother is an idiot. What can I say. We've become closer and talk a lot more regularly now that she is aware of the spousal ennuie issues. How weird is that?!

The next two weeks, I'll work mornings and be home in the afternoons. I can't decide if I should do some major changes ( or would it seem like creating damage) to things I don't like around here. New fridge, new stove, with money that my father has given me from the sale of his house. Paint the bedroom... ummm not purple Rudy sorry... a little to bordello-ish for me (-; a friend has offered to help so shall see. Perhaps even repaint the living room into the colour of my choosing rather than leaving it the colour the SU chose based on sales! Now purple in the living room COULD be interesting!

I expect to have a couple of tranquil weeks with both the SU and RT visiting his family. I shall enjoy every moment while it lasts. Rebel and I plan to watch a lot of movies, and perhaps even go for supper a night or two if she's up for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to you and Miss Rebel having a restful, bonding, less stress couple of weeks.

I can't wait to hear what the paint colours are.

I hope you two go see Harry Potter. I am just waiting for the kid to get home from his weekend with his dad so we can go see it.

Interesting that the SIL thinks her brother is an idiot. Just be careful. Sometimes it starts that way and then blood truly becomes thicker than water. Regardless. We got your back, sweetie.

Love and hugs,

~ Blondie

Rudy said...

After dragging Blondie out of the room the other morning I don't know if I want to be helpful LOL

Since I am so sweet though let me remind you that it doesn't have to be Vikings Purple - there are many shades - lilac, heather, lavender - you know pastel and soft.

According to chromotherapy advocates purple is good for mental and nervous problems and inspires serenity.

Anyway, I hope you feel the stress melt away quickly so you can enjoy your time with Rebel.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

ah yes... RebelTweeny used to have a lovely lavender colour in her room... I am actually thinking towards a tobacco brown or something in that warm shade... with a victorian rose colour accents. Very Martha like... not sure what it will be like in the colour tehrapy scale... could you check that out for me?

Blondie - true blood is thicker than water, indeed... I shall keep that in mind.

Grabbing a book and reading this PM... outside on the pathetic half-deck built by the SU!

Anonymous said...

I'm back from vacation!

Glad to hear you are relaxing on the half deck!

Keep your reno's simple... should you decide to leave current abode, you'll start fresh........why waste it on SU.

just a thought.

Good news about RT, nice that you two have time to regroup with one another....

Thinking of you!

Lily

ps.I know that this is your blog Marie, but Blondie, I did the half marathon in May in 2hours and 34 minutes...Utica 15K in 1:51........

thanks for all the encouragement along the way, it really helped me focus.......

toodles,
Lily.......

Anonymous said...

Lily,

Congrats on the marathon time. That is fabulous! You go! When will you run again?

*hugs*

~ blondie