Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday File


The A/C is fixed. The weekend has arrived. And I expect the SU will be home soon though I don't have a specific date. I think it's this weekend, but maybe it's next week.

I think Rebel Tweeny is having a pretty good time, but her dad hasn't been very good about taking her places. He dumped her at the Aunt's house and did a lot of his own thing if the daughter is to be believed. I know there all kinds of things he could have done, but he's never been good at that sort of thing. Shall see what I hear when she arrives. She has stayed in touch via Facebook. What would we do if we didn't have Facebook!?

Rebel not doing too badly. We had a lovely evening last night with another friend and her daughter. My friend has lost many of her friends. She is a functioning alcoholic. Her health is precarious, her relationship with her spouse... at odds on a good day... with her kids... as bad. She is in denial in a big way. However during my first incidence of spousal problems she was there and does have a heart of gold. She told me this was her first evening out with a friend in over a year. They don't call, because of how she is when she drinks which is all the time. We had a lovely evening though. She actually ate a whole meal, and didn't snap at her daughter once. And both daughters had a few good laughs as well. One of those nice warm summer evenings again!

My job has been turning into a major stressor (as if I don't already have a few) I have managers promoted beyond their capabilities and I am just too good at what I do to put up with decision makers who make decisions because they can rather than from anything based on situation, knowledge and experience. I have put the word out with people who know me that I am needing an escape route... soon! It's too bad. I work with great scary smart people and it would be a shame to leave the business. But I will . I am sort of known around town and expect it wouldn't be too hard to find a few things I would like to dabble in.

I left work today and felt I needed a cool glass of wine to calm down. NOT a good thing. But did have a fruity summery pinot grigo with lots of ice with my grilled cheese instead of the shot of scotch that I was really thinking would do me good. It won't I know this.

I think I will go scrapbooking this evening. Take the photos from my big party and laugh the evening away with the girls. That will ease away the worries of the day.

Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness your A/C is fixed!

Hopefully you will remain SU Free until later next week. Heaven forbid he should actually let you know what is going on, eh?

I am happy to hear that Miss Rebel is doing well.

You have enough stress in your home life without having to deal with it at work as well. I hope and pray that you will find a resolution that works for you, sweetie.

Scrapbooking sounds like a great way for you to unwind. Enjoy.

Have a fabulous weekend, doll.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

Rudy said...

Glad you had a good time at dinner. Did you eat on the patio?

I hope you can get the work situation resolved in a timely manner so you only have to deal with the stressors one at a time.

May you have a wonderful weekend, SU and stress free.

*hugs*