Monday, July 09, 2007

Some Sort of Reality.


A new week. A new start... and yet... same old same old

I go away for a week, I haven't been gone 24 hours and once again... RebelTweeny strikes!
Spousal Unit heads out to a Canada Day party after 10 PM. The place he usually parties... The *kids* are all late 20s and barely started into their 30s. All single All party hard. How he fits in at age 55 ... I wonder. WhatEvEr.

SU is out partying... The Rebel is at home... with the new boyfriend and RT (Rebel Tweeny) doesn't turn up til an hour and half after the fireworks end with two friends in tow. One sleeping overnight. The other... apparently waiting for his parents. Long story short. Parents don't turn up... the two girls decide to walk him half way home... forty five minutes later Rebel in a slight panic but can't really do much and finally ... they return. SU still NOT home... it's now nearly 1 AM! WHY would SU expect the barely able to walk up a flight of stairs off spring to look after the RT!

The two girls go to bed. Rebel.. has had a tough evening and couldn't sleep. 3 AM SU AKA *dad *still NOT home. Rebel not comfortable but has no one to call or talk too. GREAT! SU turns up finally at 6 AM... and you guessed it... RT and her friend...NOT in the house... again! I hope he crapped his pants the moron!! He has no idea where she is. He has no way to call anyone. Luckily she turned up shortly after he arrived. They got a call at 4:30 am on the friend's cellphone to meet some of the dumbass boys at the local Timmies and decided to leave! (THIS is why 14 yr old girls do NOT need cell phones! ) Apparently the SU aka as DAD tore strips off them. BUT once again... he doesn't report friend of RT to her mother. This is not good. And really... was there any lesson learned? Any discipline or boundaries instilled? I doubt it.

I was told not to say anything by Rebel who reported to me on the event. And really... how could I? I was far away from home. Out of my control. AND it was done! BUT it is documented. It does seem these outrageous bits of behavior seem to happen on someone else's watch. Not mine. Plus... I see the photos of a clearly inebriated SU on Facebook. (gotta love the surreptitious approach to getting evidence!)

I have a message from my She-Barracuda. Will find out what that is all about tomorrow. hmmm must have something to do with the stall in proceedings I expect.

Rebel... not doing too badly. She tires easily. Hates the water retention thing. If another person asks her if she is pregnant... she will go postal I suspect... when she isn't down in the dumps and not able to do what she is used to doing. It is hard watching her and listening to her. She doesn't like me hovering. She hates that I call her and ask when she is going to be home. It's hard allowing her to manage her own care. But... I guess I have to. And me worrying... doesn't change it. I certainly don't want to see a return of the stress since it took a week to get that under control.

Camp was good. I needed to be away. The stress melted away. Yes... cooking for nearly 40 kids and a bunch of adults... was relaxing... it really was! I slept well.. ate well... and enjoyed the companionship of friends... many of whom we only see this one time a year. I read a bunch of books, listened to music, watched a couple of movies on my secretly purchased DVD player as well as with the kids during one of our rainy movie nights.

Sunday liturgy today was lovely in the chapel under the trees. A perfect way to finish camp.


Now... it's back to some sort of reality.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

hmm I was under the impression the offspring were going with you and hopefully some bond strengthening with RT would occur.

It must be infuriating to come back to reports such as these. Good call, I think, on the setting aside the whole incident. Take it to SU (through the she-barracuda) when the time is right. Clearly a failure of parenting.

meh, cell phone, house phone what is the difference since SU was not at home?

You are all still in my prayers. I am happy to learn you were rejuvenated by your time off. Welcome back!

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

ah yes... TW came a day late so she could party with her friends. SU drove her up late in the afternoon rather than the 10 AM promised time... no doubt due to his own activities.... rolls eyse.
m

Calories and Coffee said...

I'm glad you got a chance to get away. Sorry about the tween. I'm not looking forward to those days.