Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Musing


Typically, the spousal unit didn't indicate to me when he might be returning from the visit to his family. I sorta expect them any time now, but since I really don't know for sure, Rebel and I are doing what we want to do. This doesn't surprise me. He never calls. Though this time, he called once to tell me he was going to his brother's place away from mom and dad. I gave him Rebel's cell number but he never did call her. Shame on him. I don't have expectations any longer, but a call to his daughter would be nice. She would love it.

I may call my sister in law and see what she can tell me. I know that RebelTweeny is more than ready to be at home, as is the cousin from the west coast. The two of them have said so on their Facebook profiles. As in - I am fuckin ready to get the fuck out here... geeez.. I wanna go home. - Niece's words. Not mine. lol

I am off work for two days now. Taking Rebel for tests on Tuesday and decided that I needed another day off. I stressed a little too much over the weekend about the new ill experienced manager and I now have the harassment policy at home and thinking that the abuse of authority paragraph is going to fit the bill. In the meantime, I am also continuing to talk to friends, mentors and others I hold in regard and shall see what I can plot to make changes in conditions for myself and my team.

Rebel and I take off shortly for the Harry Potter movie. RT wants to see Hairspray and we all want to go see No Reservations at some point.

When I get back I expect it will be time for the cocktail hour to get underway on the quarterdeck!

5 comments:

Rudy said...

Quarterdeck ha! sounds like a cruise ship. Too bad the rest makes it sound more like Gilligan's Island.

Girl-child wants to see Hairspray this week. I am hoping that the Kevin James and Adam Sandler movie lives up to the previews. I have permission to ogle Jessica Biel for the time being.

Keep taking care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

GAH! You would think that he could at least phone his daughter a few times to check on her. What a self centered ass.

LOL about Rebel Tweeny and the cousin. I bet that they are ready to get back on their own turf. I am guessing that while you miss her you don't miss the chaos that seems to follow her around.

I hope that you can get things settled at work asap. There is no call for that woman to be the bitch that she is being.

YAY for Harry Potter!

Quarterdeck made me think of a ship as well. LOL!

love ya,
~ b

Anonymous said...

Rudy,

Jessica Beil is in Hairspray and/or I now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry?

~ b <-- typically confused

Rudy said...

Chuck and Larry.

She is the romantic interest of Adam Sandler's character that he has to avoid so they don't screw things up for Kevin James' character's kids. Of course, she is a lawyer hired to protect their interests and she is involved in observing them so she is around a lot of the time.

Anonymous said...

Ogle away Rudy.... any cameras involved?

Ah yes... just heard from the sister in law. She called me. Will report on that tomorrow.

It's so lovely outside. Now that we've been to see Harry, I am taking myself out on that quarter deck with my latest murder mystery.

Gilligan's Island indeed - am I Ginger... Marianne she asked in wamr summer sultry voice? There are days when I wish I were blonde!
My kids would say Mrs Howell! lol
word ver... luau... hmmm