Monday, July 23, 2007

Waiting Game?


Rebel is flexing her somewhat weak self and trying to get herself out and about. She is finding ways of coping with her condition and stay part of the action. The new boyfriend - I have some concerns. He's 9 years older than her, and has a child with one woman and an attachment to same woman's older child by someone else. I am trusting Rebel to not allow herself into this condition. He is solicitous and seems okay. Rebel doesn't like clingy and has figured out guys who need control She doesn't like that. She does what she does. I am hoping this level of independence continues as she recovers her heart health.

I am enjoying peace and quiet around here. No tensions to speak of. My car ended up needing a whack of repairs... to the tune of $1500. sigh. So while I have refused to do the ownership switch, I would have been tempted when I got the repair estimate. Sell the damn thing and get something new! Probably still will but not as yet.

I am still not sure how to handle the separation business. Given the state of health of the one, and the mental health of the other, does it really make sense to move this forward now? I personally don't think that the Rebel needs to deal with this. Knowing how she reacts to anything of this nature, she will try and protect or help her sister. And really, she can't do this right now.

I get both sides of the picture, but really... why would a father want to push this right now? I really don't care. I guess I will play a waiting game and see how things are when the SU returns from looking for his annual blessing from his father. (it won't happen but he tries)

It's a toss up this afternoon between stripping wall paper or sitting with a book on the quarter deck before the heat and humidity go wild!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good that Miss Rebel is trying to figure out what her life is with her limitations. Shes a smart girl. She has changed a lot since her truly "rebel" years, don't you think?

I don't know what to say about the separation issue. You are already technically living separated as it is, aren't you? Look at how you are enjoying the peacefulness today. Is Miss Rebel enjoying it as well? I understand that you want to do what is best for both girls but don't use them as a reason to not finish something that truly needs finishing.

I hope you chose the sitting with a book on the quarter deck rather than the stripping. {Well, unless you are practicing on your stripper pole. You have one of those, right?? giggle}

love ya girl.

~ blondie

Rudy said...

Did somebody say stripper pole? LOL

Yeah, what Blondie said up there.

I vote for the book as well. The wallpaper can be done when it is too miserable to go outside.


*hugs*

Calories and Coffee said...

Go with the book!

Anonymous said...

went with the book. the latest JD Robb
though I needed the excercise on the pole! (-;
t

Anonymous said...

T.

Stripper pole. I need details.
I might have to get one too.

giggle

~ blondie

Rudy said...

WOOT!

I got a dollar in my pocket....

Calories and Coffee said...

Mmmmm. Pole. Have I ever mentioned that I once went to one of "those" home parties and bought a "how to strip" dvd. I don't think I ever even opened it. Hmmm...something to work on for my wedding night ;)

Anonymous said...

Aleks,

You gotta check this video out. And then get back to us. Does one need a pole for this dvd? We need answers.

giggle

~ b

Calories and Coffee said...

No pole. Just flimsy clothes that are easy to take off ;)

Anonymous said...

Rudy is SO gonna be back here with his dollar.
Trust me on this one.

giggle

~ b

Calories and Coffee said...

Forget the dollar. I want a twenty ;);)

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

See Rudy. K and I aren't the only ones who want more than a dollar.

heh.

~ blondie

Rudy said...

For $20 there is no dangling from the pole in the distance - that is up close and personal - in my lap.

my dollars will keep me around longer :-)

Anonymous said...

my goodness - a girl disappears overnight and the place is turned into a a lascivious dance hall!
She rolls eyes! hmm note to self... leave the pole behind... check out the dvd section! I could probably learn a thing or two..
would go wuith previous post about costumes for song party!

Happy Tuesday..dance girls!

m

Rudy said...

Dancing girls!

Bring out the dancing girls!

Anonymous said...

Dancing is fun, tribal and definitely hormonal!!

Leave out the pole unless you have a great chiropractor!!! Not that I'm speaking from experience....

back to a more serious note, I am in total agreement with Blondie "I don't know what to say about the separation issue. You are already technically living separated as it is, aren't you? Look at how you are enjoying the peacefulness today. Is Miss Rebel enjoying it as well? I understand that you want to do what is best for both girls but don't use them as a reason to not finish something that truly needs finishing."

Truly, don't let this interlude haze over the reality of SU and unhappy, gut wrenching living.

Stay focused, enjoy your quiet time and realize, this could be the way you would live without his disruptive ways.

Hugs, and thanks for the reality check Blondie!!!

Lily,

p.s. Rudy, please let your young man know that we are all praying for his safe return and truly appreciate his involvement and dedication to our freedom.....thanksgiving to him and the rest of our troops.....God Bless....

Anonymous said...

Hey Lily... thanks for that.
and you're coming over for dinner when? Or it's cheap Tuesday's at the movies... would LOVE to see Hairspray. Saw the original John Watters film with the great "Divine"
Let's see if John Travolta can do what an old queen already did hysterically well. ( God rest his soul!) (-:

dinner... any time this week... let me know.

Calories and Coffee said...

I'll dance for anyone who sends me to see Josh Groban this Friday ;);)

Rudy said...

Lily - word from the man-child

"tell her thank you for the support and that it means a lot to me"