Thursday, November 01, 2007

Thirteen on Thursday

13 things I've overheard
or been told in the last 13 days.

1. She must have the flexibility of a pole dancer. I don't know why she puts up with that jackass husband. He'd have been history years ago!
2. This is my mom. She's a librarian. She's really kind of bookative.
3. If Marie can't find it, I don't think any one can. She knows more search engines than any one should.
4. Your mother made this casserole. It has too much pepper in it. I won't eat it. ( guess who said this!)
5. I love coming to your house for food. It's always different and delicious. (Take THAT SU!)
6. My friends come over and want to talk to my mom before they come see me. She even offers them a glass of wine now. It's kind of cool... in a creepy sort of way.
7. No... Marie isn't interested in going to your party with me.
8. She usually wears a costume but you know how it goes. Some years are better than others. The year she wore the witch costume and took out her false tooth was like... too much. Scared half the kids around here. My friends still talk about. I thought we should move after that.
9. Well... my mom at least knows how to dress most days. My dad... well... he's kinda boring and like so 1980s.
10. We worry about her.. she talks more and more like our grandfather everyday. We have to find her a good home.
11. Our library is quite unique. Our librarian really doesn't behave like most librarians. We like that.
12. We put her in the back row in the middle of alto section so she doesn't throw of the sopranos. ( this from the cantor at my church!)
13. Don't call my mom a MILF! You creep!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the comments!

*bookative* nice!

SU is still a chickenshit I see.

LMAO! Someone called you MILF?? No one has ever called me that. {that I am aware of anyways.} I feel slighted. giggle

~ b

Anonymous said...

not sure that having 19 year old *boys* or the bar tenders at the daughter's fav pool hall hang out call me a MILF - is a good thing...

though.... training them... could be fun! maybe... see how desperate I am!!!!!
naw... then they too have a midlife crisis ( and I hear it's coming on at a younger age now... ) and it starts all over again! heh heh heh!!!

m

Anonymous said...

maybe not..but some days a girl's gotta take what she can get, yanno?

giggle

~ b

Anonymous said...

and sweetie... let me tell ya... I really need to *take* soon!
m

Rudy said...

Well, you get a guy that can keep up with you then you have to get up early the next day and take him to school. Is it really worth it?

if we are living longer why is mlc coming sooner?

I tell my son, when he is all drooling over some classic muscle car he wants me to get, that I will just be a stereotype mlc jerk in that car (since I am not a do it yourself mechanic).

Don't think I have had one, don't think I will.

Anonymous said...

Okay, being of an older generation (not by much mind you), I don't know all the new computer !speak! or is it "talk"

I had to look up this acronym, holy....the things you learn!

good luck with that M,

Lily!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

I dunno if it is *talk* or *speak* but MILF is just pure sex. {Can we say sex on M's blog???} And even though I would never....its nice to get the vote of confidence I would imagine. I guess I wouldn't know. We have to ask M since she is the one who was called that.

~ b

p.s. It occurs to me that using the acronym on the blog could potentially bring a lot of odd search hits to the blog. Just think of the poor kid looking and comes upon the rather frightening photo of M in her H'ween costume!!! bwahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Blondie... Never say *never*.... cuz ya just *never know.....
never mind that scaring boys is something I've done all my life having younger brothers around me all the time! lol

Lily.... the things I learn from Rebel... who explained it all for me.

Rudy... no mlc... good on you... live longer mlc earlier... they see 50 is the new 40... so.. might be something there? who knows!
m

Anonymous said...

M;

Geez, boys, it way bad enough dropping them off at University let alone High School, you go girl!! hahahah LMAO!!! I use to have a life, will not go into detail! ya'll.....

if 50's are the new 40's there's hope for me yet, what is encroaching upon the mid 50's????

Yikes,
Lily