Friday, November 09, 2007

Twisted Friday.

I haven't seen the SU since Wednesday, except for brief instances in the early morning as he and RT leave to go to school together. Its been rather nice.

Both girls will be out this evening. RT is sleeping at a friend's and Rebel is going out with the girls. I am a little worried, but she wants her life back. I will be calling her probably on the hour.

My dad told me he gave my nephew $500 on his 18th birthday. I was really not happy because he didn't give Rebel the same on her 18th over a year ago. I called him on it. "But' she's not going to university," he told me. I got upset, and told him he shouldn't treat one grandchild differently from the others. If he gave one that much he has to do the same with all the grandchildren as they turn 18. Yesterday there was a card from my dad. He sent both girls cheques. $200 for each girl. He doesn't get it. I kept RT's cheque. The last thing she needs is more stuff. I am sending it back to my dad and telling him to wait until RT is 18, and I am asking him to give Rebel another $300. He doesn't get it. A grandparent should not play favourites like that. I can hear my mom yelling at him all the way from her perch in the clouds. NO doubt she will be haunting his dreams.


A kind of twisted lead in for the Friday Funny...


Friday Funny

An old man and woman were married for years, even though they hated each other. When they had a confrontation, screaming and yelling could be heard deep into the night. The old man would shout, "When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!"

Neighbours feared him. They believed he practiced black magic because of the many strange occurrences that took place in their neighbourhood. The old man liked the fact he was feared.

He died of a heart attack when he was 68. His wife had a closed casket at the wake. After the burial, she went straight to the local bar and began to party as if there was no tomorrow. Her neighbours, concerned for her safety, asked , "Aren't you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life?"


"Let the bastard dig. I had him buried upside down."

2 comments:

Rudy said...

LMAO!!!

buried upside down so the world can kiss his arse :-) or park bikes LOL

that is a great joke M.

Sorry, that grandpa doesn't get it about playing favorites. I hope it is just that he doesn't get it.

Not seeing SU is a good feeling huh? Remember when he was gone this summer? Wouldn't that be nice everyday?

Blondie had to remind me I did indeed see my ex within the past couple years - I had dinner with her and the kids when Son was home from Afghanistan and he was going back to her place. It is so nice to be able to put it out of the mind.

Get the Mexican Hat Dance song going in your head and join in...

today is Friday, today is Friday, everybody sing along.......

Anonymous said...

yeah... I had a chat with brother about grandpa... it's just that he doesn't get it. My mom had false teeth and wheever she used to get angry at my dad... she'd be so angry that her teeth would come loose and nearly fall out of her mouth. I think that's how angry she'd be if she knew what grandpa had done. Both of THEIR parents played favourites. My dad's brother was the favourite and my mom's youngest brother - the black sheep - was a favourite. So they BOTH knew how it felt to be side tracked and neither liked it - so I don't know what's going on in his head.

Ah yes... thanks for the reminder about the summer Rudy. You are so right! (-:
It IS Friday... Went out for a nearly two hour lunch today OY! Can't do that too often, but it's nice to have friends at work who are real friends.
Happy Weekend too.
m