Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday Note....

Random notes kinda like
Blondie's Monday mop up.........
except it's Tuesday.

1. To the SU - When the daughter's boyfriend is putting the Christmas lights up on what is still YOUR house it would have been MORE appropriate to say "Hey thanks! I hate the job ( even though you won't admit it!) and I am not good at it. Really appreciate this." instead of saying... "better you than me!"

2. More to the SU - If you are going to go shopping and buy the young one $130 worth of new clothes, it would be a good idea to insure you provide an equal amount for the older daughter who has lost 35 pounds and has no clothes that fit and needs anything and everything instead of telling her she's making you go broke. I have two words for you.... $600 camera!

3. Again SU- you're not funny. Your *jokes* don't fly. Just be civil and polite and we'll all manage better.

4. Rebel - had a cardiologist's appointment today. He is very pleased with her general health and well being. The heart still sucks, but everything around the heart is good. Her weight is good because the fluid retention is down. She is eating better and healthier. He is not sure he wants her to go to work. He also said, for some people there is more stress being at home and NOT working than there is going to work. He warned her to listen to her body and take signs seriously. We go back in a month. While on the transplant list we go in every month for check ups until she has a suitable donor.

5. City people came by for an inspection of the house for property tax assessment. AS IF I know the size of the stoop (deck) the SU built. AS IF I know what materials he's used in the garage. I suggested he take care of this little bit of business.

6. I am excited to see my Bombers in the Grey Cup final. Tickets ! oy! An unreachable $400 per ticket. For the cheap seats. Sports bar here we come... wearing our DOG shirts. TRUE BLUE!

7. I bought my first Christmas present yesterday for the RT. Something she's wanted since she was about 9 years old. You know The Clapper? Couldn't get them here ever. And to get it via the InterNet what with the currency exchange, the taxes and shipping and handling. Not worth it. Found it by accident next to the pharmacy at WalMart. Kid wants The Clapper... she even mentioned it again a couple of weeks ago. I roll my eyes.

8. Was going to take a cross border shopping trip into upstate New York to Syracuse or Watertown on the 23rd of November. Then realized... no way... that's like a suicide mission. Couldn't understand why all the malls were opening at 6 AM. Day after American Thanksgiving. It will be worse than Boxing Day sales here. We're pushing back that particular trip to another Friday off. I am so excited to get to a Target Store. Only because there isn't a Nordstrom's within driving distance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SU is a jackass. Nothing more need be said. I can only shake my head.

Good to hear that our girl is doing well. She is ever in our prayers. Hug her for me, please.

Clapper?!? I want a clapper too. I asked for one last year and the kids were unable to locate. LOL! I think they are hilarious. I want one for my room because my side table light is not actually close enough to be turned out while I am in the bed thus causing me to have to get up to turn off the light. That is SO not helpful. The clapper would be. LOL! I gotta go with RT on this one.

LMAO! Black Friday. There is nothing out there that I need badly enough that would cause me to purposefully go into a store other than a grocery store on the day after Thanksgiving. Seriously!

*hugs*
~ B

Rudy said...

Gah! SU, sad, just fecking, unbelievably sad.

Glad to hear Reb is doing well and the fluids are going down. Still Praying.

OMG there is nothing in the world worth going to a store for at 6 a.m. the morning after Thanksgiving. That is not shopping. It is a fecking combat zone.

I have just two more gifts to actually purchase (and I already know what it is I want although some people don't consider that appropriately thoughtful :-) I am sure I will pick up incidentals along the way. Hazards of shopping so early but it is nice to have it all ready to go in the mail before the end of November. I actually had most I.D.'d and thought out before Halloween.

Anonymous said...

B- if yo can't find a Clapper... I know where there are HUNDREDS! I will get one for you.

I know how much you *love to shop*...

I feel virtuous about Christmas presents this year. I have the nephew and nieces under control too. Now I just have to mail everything so it gets there on time! LOL!

Annie said...

You want to go to a Target because there is no Nordstrom's nearby??? Dearest girl...the two are not similar at all!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nordstrum's for all MY needs... everything... and everybody else... gets Target...
they each serve a purpose... lol
m