Monday, August 13, 2007

Aftermath Monday


RebelTweeny is seriously ticked at me for telling her friend's mother about the morning escapade last Friday. Though the kids are not entirely to blame given that SU gave them the ticket to early morning freedom. Friend's mom has decided, and I am in cahoots with her, that these two won't be having any sleep overs in the near future.

I also informed the SU that given we're now three for three even though RT didn't participate in this little adventure she is a party to it. I won't be having ANYONE sleeping over. It's too much responsibility and I am tired of losing sleep over these kids and their escapades. Let some other parents take this on for now.If she does go OUT to sleep over I will chat with parents and inform them of this one's penchant for going on adventures.

The cousin staying over gave me wide berth over the weekend. Did her best to not aggravate me in any way shape or form. LOL

I had wanted to take the girls out of the suburbs and do some tourist kind of stuff over the weekend...as I didn't see SU making himself too useful during the past week or even on the weekend.

Any time I made a suggestion RT vetoed it pretty quickly... and wouldn't even let the cousin speak her own mind. SU's take was ... "they're teens let they do what they want or don't want."
I had to roll my eyes because RT is never one to embrace suggestions on a good day, especially unknown or new experiences. My response to SU was ... "yes.. let's let the lunatics run the asylum because they so know much about anything and everything."

I am sure if we popped the girls into the car and took them places, they would enjoy it. It would mean the SU would need to use some initiative and he's as lazy as they are.

So.. I thought, "not my problem," and read a book all afternoon. It was a lovely day for it.

Today RT started her Mother's Helper week. We had to be the friend's home by 8:30 AM as the kids have swimming lessons at 9 AM. It was surprising how RT did manage to get herself out of bed this morning. Her sister gave her a pep talk about the money she would earn. RT was going to spurn the $50 or $60 or so dollars, and Rebel hit back with "so... you would rather have NO money than $50? You're just really stupid then. You aren't making mom made by not going, you're being a loser and not getting what YOU really want!"

Better her than me. RT got it and took a long an activities and game bag with her this morning.

I have tickets for us to see a road show of Phantom of the Opera in early September. I am thinking of selling the tickets, because I don't think RT knows how to show gratitude for what she has. It's not an easy thing to teach either. Her father doesn't know how to show it either. RT doesn't know I have the tickets but I do know she wants to see the show.

I have told her that there are things I would like as well. If I get what I want, perhaps it would be easy for her to get what she wants as well. A an easy lesson but one she is having a tough time embracing.

Better to learn it at age 14 than be miserable at 55 I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe RT doesn't deserve to go to see Phantom but what about you and Miss Rebel. It would be so cool to see it.

I think just reading a book and allowing the SU to deal with the problem was excellent!

How did the whole "mothers helper" thing go? Did the cousin go with?

How is Miss Rebel feeling?

*hugs*

~ blondie

Anonymous said...

ah yes Rebel isn't sure she wants to manoeuvre th concert hall... lots of stairs and walking, but I am sure we could get her in and onto elevators and such. Shall see what the mood becomes

RT actually enjoys her mom's helper job. She loves the kids.. and they love her.. it's peer stuff getting in the way.

Shall update Rebel in new entry okay?
m

Anonymous said...

Not knowing what the Rebel Tween is earning as mother's helper, she is earning money. If she wants to see Phantom, cut a deal, she pays half her ticket. Reality bites.

Miss Rebel would be able to be dropped off at the front door and would be able to take the elevators I'm sure. Hopefully within the next three or four weeks she will feel a whole lot better and be a little more mobile.

As for SU, I somehow feel a stall towards any progress with the she shark. Marie, stop trying to fix the broken wheel, its broken....I know you think I enjoy stirring the pot, why do you expect a miracle to happen?

Once rebel niece heads back to the coast, take action. I know you dislike mayhem....why procrastinate....

There is a better life waiting for you, you just don't believe it.

I know, button up............!

Lily.....

Anonymous said...

Ah Lily,
not stalling at all, just tired of everything. I am really more concerned with REbel's state of mind than anything else these days. Really. I have been having day dreams about what to do with the house once the SU is out of it. It will happen. Rebel's health though is what is keeping me pre occupied. She takes things on that are not hers to take on and that is what I don't need her or want her doing. So... day at a time.
I know you want what's best for all of us.
HUGS
M