Friday, August 10, 2007

And It Had BETTER Be Good!


I woke up at 5:30 this AM. The front door is right under my bedroom and the screen door makes a lot of noise. I hear it open and shut all the time.

I went down there and found the door unlocked. There are so many shoes at the door these days that I couldn't figure whose were missing.

Did I mention that RebelTweeny has a friend staying over night along with cousin who is still here?

I went back to the bedrooms and sure enough... RT is on her pile on the floor but cousin and friend are GONE!

WTF?!?!?!

RT! "WHERE
the hell are they??" "They went for a run," she tells me. "At 5:30AM??"


Here's what I don't get. RT didn't stop them
The cousin has not been out of bed once before noon her entire vacation and is now gone out for a run at 5:30 AM?!! Friend had no business doing a runner while a guest at my house.

When these girls hadn't returned from the run nearly an hour later, I went to barge in on the SU. OF COURSE his door is locked! (We won't even begin to ask why!) He of course tells me he "let" them go because he was putting the garbage out. "And you see nothing wrong with allowing a 14 yr old from the other end of the city and a fifteen yr old who doesn't know the city - both girls- OUT at the crack of dawn??"

"OH well people are going to work, it's light. I don't see a problem." He stays locked up in his cave and doesn't bother to come out.
Two hours later the girls are still NOT back and I am supposed to leave for work. I am seriously NOT happy about this turn of events.

Seriously. NOT. impressed.


What am I supposed to do when confronted with an idiot father and uncle who doesn't think these girls are up to something. There is NO WAY these girls went for a run... none at all.
I yelled at the SU through his locked door and told him to grill those girls when they returned and that I wanted a phone call. The entire time I tried asking RT where the girls were her story was "I don't know... for a run!"

As I rounded the corner in my car... lo and behold... TWO missing girls as well as two boys and TWO MORE girls are casually walking up the road towards home.

I stopped the car and told them to RUN home and I would meet them there. I rang the home door bell.. To get the SU out of bed. As the girls and the gang came to the drive way, SU opened the door. "You will see that two girls were not running. How naive of you to believe they were!" You will see they were with a gang of others... pre-meditated and sneaky!"

To cousin I said.. "YOU have seriously disappointed me. Never out of bed before noon and your uncle believed your story. I am really disappointed that you would do this."

The friend I said " Your mom will have to be told. You are a guest in my house and I am responsible for you. If ANYTHING would have happened, what could I have possibly said to your mom?"

To the SU I said.. " Deal with this. And it had better be good."

To the kids standing there trying to defend the two from my place " Shame on you all. You're probably all lying to your parents, and I will need to call them all. ( seeing the freaky look on one of the girls faces was worth that!) You sneak out of your homes, ANYTHING can happen and we don't have a clue where any of you are. I am responsible for other children besides my own. IF anything had happened to them, what was I to tell their parents? Did you think of that? We don't live in Wonderland kids! Now go home before I get to work and start making calls!"
I got into my car and peeled a lot of rubber at 8:07 AM.

It's now after 9 AM EDT 6 AM PDT and I need drinks...

alcoholic ones...

big ones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAH!

Unbelieveable! I am so sorry that this continues to be so horrible. Make sure you document this. It DOES reflect on him and his ability to parent. {or should I say lack thereof?}

Hugs sweetie.

I will open the bar on the blog early today.

love ya,

~ blondie

Rudy said...

Thank God they were safe.

That must have been horrifying to have them unaccounted for such a long time.

Looks like RT is taking a clue from her dad. That is a shame.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

ANd the SU still doesn't believe, even now that it was pre meditated... or that there was ANYTHING wrong with going out for a run at 5:50 AM!

I roll my eyes!

m

Calories and Coffee said...

I am SO not looking forward to teenagehood. I'm glad they were all okay.

Anonymous said...

thansk Aleks.. as the saying goes...


little kids... mostly little problems... big kids... bigger problems...

I am starting to feel some tiredness with RebelTweeny her cousin and then her friends too.

It's cocktail hour isn't it?
m