Monday, August 27, 2007

Pausing. Praying. Planning.


It's August 27. It is 24 years ago today I married the SU. What I remember most from that day is the SU standing up in front of our friends and family at the party after the ceremony and telling the world... "She is my best friend, and I know she's your friend too. I know you all love her and so do I. I will love her forever.!" sigh. And I remember thinking even then.. "I will remember this moment for the rest of my life"... and I have so far... Life has a funny way of turning out though doesn't it?

I re-read my blog entry from last year. Things have most definitely changed since last year. And while I had expected to be done with the relationship before this date that's not the case. It doesn't bother me much. I have other things on my mind right now. I have to believe there is a plan. I don't know what it is. It's up to me to make my choices and I am doing that. It may not be a clear choice for the moment and that's okay too.

Sundays, in church at the end of the liturgy, I sit and meditate for a bit on what I am supposed to be doing that day, that week, and leave it at that. Que sera sera and all that. Life will unfold as it must. Don't think for a minute I will just "let" things happen, oh no... but there are some things that can be taken on and dealt with and some that cannot. Taking care and working with Rebel is utmost for now. As she gains her health back and TweenyRebel manages to get back into some form of older teen-ness... I will be able to move forward. SU can sit and sulk in his cave - upstairs or basement. He can take his pick! It really doesn't bother me. It's almost as if he is barely part of the equation at this point.

I had a note from someone I know to whom I gave this blog. Within my own circle I have been selective about who gets here. For the random hits... well... lucky you! I gave her my blog because she was going through a divorce. She has children too. I didn't know much about her personal life and how it was going for her so I let her in on my own experiences and rants. Now fortunately for her, she and her ex-SU have a good relationship as parents to their children and she says they are friends. And good for both of them! She has had a mostly decent experience through a negative one of a family having to split up. And it happened with a level of maturity and the right way! But she did find that reading my rants and comments gave her a little something to think about. And that is why I write. By blogging I believe someone may stumble upon my rants and silliness and perhaps realize that they are not the only ones trying to figure out what to do with an SU and other fall outs from these things. Or they might just read and be entertained or appalled!

I am pleased she dropped me the little note tell me she got something out of reading my stuff.

So I will have a drink tonight. To remember what was, and to plan, to hope, and to pray for what will be. And I will keep blogging to see where I will be at this time next year!
Thanks for reading friends and strangers all the same.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi girl,

I will join you in your drink tonight. Know that you are in my thoughts today.

To what was and what is to be.

love, hugs and prayers,

~ blondie

Rudy said...

Hey M,
I get a bit of how you feel. Mine sat in limbo for quite a while and for no good reason at that. It was like a super version of the moment before ripping off the bandaid. Luckily for me, the kids were out of the house and on their own (mostly, daughter lived with mom but she was 19 and it was a housing choice not a custody one)

Since then I have used what would have been monies for anniversary presents and bought myself anti-anniversary presents. I make sure she knows about them either by showing her or through the daughter *WEG*

I hope your reflection isn't too much of a downer tonight. I will have a drink with you. Here's to a brighter future - Slainte

You and the girls are in my prayers daily.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

google is really messing up the blogger... I KNOW I left a message here about 20 minutes ago and it's just gone. I feel your frustration Lilly!

And to you both... thank you. I am not down at all Rudy. Got over that after about 5 years of SU not acknowleding the anniversary. I figured then to have low expectations. It is a non event I guess. I am okay with it actually.

I will go off and pour a scotch into one of my very classy scotch birthday glasses.

And besides... Canadian Idol is on tonight. We're down to the Final Four... and Paul Anka is the mentor... didn't even know he ever was around. We have a street named after him here in town!

thanks and HUGS
m
xnpfpd

Anonymous said...

danged blogger... four tries later and then the word ver... sitting right there... WHAT is wrong with this thing today! ARGH...

Anonymous said...

Blogger best not be starting to act like it did a year or so ago. That was SO not good. Down for portions of every day. GAH! That being said I am now researching new blogs just in case.

~ blondie