Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Answers to Monday's Comments


I was going to reply in the comments section to Blondie's questions but decided a full blown post was probably in order.

Indeed... SU is turning into a CS - chickenshit- sort of. He didn't get out of bed on Sunday til at least 2 PM then Monday it was after noon-ish I know that for sure. Sunday perhaps I would let him get away with it after driving 16 hours from the east. starting late Friday night. However, no real good reason on Monday except perhaps he doesn't feel like doing anything so he stays in bed. WhatEvEr!

Rebel Tweeny and her cousin are doing really well. Even after already spending three weeks together they are sharing a room and seem to be friends. The cousin seems to be an easy going kid. Rebel has chatted with her and says she is not quite the kid portrayed by SIL. This was said in ear shot of the SU. It seems SIL's daughter, a 21 yr old, was being hard on the two younger ones. The SIL's daughter was never one for fashion, boys, music and makeup, so she doesn't really understand these two at all. Not her type of girls. However the tone in SU's voice when discussing his sister and niece was very harsh. I am thinking that SU has projected his issues with his sister on to her daughter somewhat. As I said earlier, SU had no time for his sister at all. Nothing! She was disappointed. He will be too as his parents health fails more so and he has no one to turn to as life marches on.

RT isn't too interested in fulfilling her mother's helper duties, but I put the pressure on the SU that this could not be tossed. She made a commitment and she must follow through. "What about the cousin?" he asked. " She can go with RT or stay put at the house. RT knew she had this job and so did you. She can't NOT follow through." Mom has five kids and swimming lessons and needs RT's help. One more is even better. Whether or not RT chooses to share her money... her choice. SU acquiesced and didn't give me a hard time.

Rebel is hoping to get employment insurance monies while she can't work. She has enough work hours in the system to qualify. This could also turn into temporary disability monies from the Federal government too. It would pay the precious cell phone bill at the least. And perhaps deal with her credit card debt. ( yes a young student with a credit card that was used while on her adventure last year. THANK YOU Royal Bank of Canada - you idiots!!!)

She needs help going through the system. I've asked SU to help her because she can't deal with the red tape. He's not doing much else, so he may as well get something done with her.

It's a short work week this week. Woo Hoo!

4 comments:

Rudy said...

I think it is grand that the visiting cuz didn't turn out to be the handful SIL warned about. It would be cool if she went to help with the children.

SU boggles the mind. I don't know a lot but I don't get what I do know. just don't get it.

YAY! short week! I love those.

Síocháin

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that the girls are having a blast.

I'm sure RT will find out who her true friends are, it just takes some adjusting. She handles herself so well, you should be proud!

As for the SU, well, as my truly french canadian or canadienne friends says, "you can't change the spots on a zebra". Lost in Translation....he is just as mind boggling in person! Not really meant to be a slight......

Keep on with the plans with the she shark.....

the beach is calling, I must go...

Lily....

Anonymous said...

It is so great that the Cousin and Rebel Tweeny are getting along so well. Did they go together to work as the mother's helper?

I sure hope that Miss Rebel can get her financials worked out in her favour so she no longer has to worry about that plus she can pay off her cell bill. A girl has got to have her cell.

SU=CS. end.of.story. rolling eyes

Have a great evening, sweets.

love,
~ blondie

p.s. Hi ya Lily. Good to see ya.

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see cousins getting to know each other and spend time together. I've found that Facebook has really made a difference. The cousins talk to each other, get to know each other... perhaps superficially, but whoa... they know each better and communicate better than I ever could with my cousins.

I am going to have to head to Lily's beach property. I still have her birthday gift sitting here. This is NOT a good thing. lol
m