Tuesday, August 21, 2007

From Cravings to Pills and Everything In Between


Rebel is doing not too badly. She was happy to see RebelTweeny head to camp.
She's eating more food... and feeling hungrier. She's learning how to eat by grazing small meals rather than a big meal which makes her want to vomit because her body can process too much at once. She's watching the sodium and the fluid.

She gets her cravings... and I tell her to indulge... but just a little. And I also tell her... throw it out... don't keep it. Yeah yeah.. all those starving children somewhere... but what can you do when there's a gazillion mgs of sodium in spiral Kraft Dinner and the kid has a craving. Eat a little... and either save the rest for another time. If you KNOW you're not going to want it... I'm sorry... pitch it!

I am NOT happy about Rebel asking me to ask the Heart Function clinic if she can go on birth control pills. This is NOT something a mother should have to do. I told her if she wanted them THAT badly... to be the adult she thinks she is if she is having sex and make the call herself. I also told her that condoms STILL had to be part of the picture... The bf has been around the block a few times... and she needs to be extra careful. So far... she hasn't called.

I think the BF was just a *tad* uncomfortable as I got into my rant about silly young girls getting pregnant and keeping their babies when they can barely look after themselves, AND why would they keep their babies and live on welfare when they should be giving them up to parents who want and can't have so the birth moms can get educated and get decent jobs so that the next time they get pregnant they at least are a little smarter about it. It's not a pretty rant. Poor BF was blanching and shaking by the time I was done. I believe he got my message.

If Rebel could just lose the fluid retention in her belly I am sure she'd be feeling a whole lot better.
On the plus side with the BF... he takes her for a walk everyday. She is able to walk longer and further every day. This is good. She will need to walk home from the bus stop after school if she doesn't get a ride. This is good for her.

I found twelve - count em
TWELVE! bath towels in RT's room today after work. I thought I'd done all the laundry but I knew all the black and half the grey towels were AWOL. yeah.. 12 towels! She gets two when she returns. The rest... locked in my bedroom in the walk in closet. No more towels in the linen closet.

I arrived home today and SU was locked in his room - at 6 in the evening. Hadn't been out to talk to Rebel at all. Nothing. Rebel is pretty much disgusted.

That makes two of us.

3 comments:

Rudy said...

Good show on the adult situation. If you think you are grown up enough for sex then you are grown up enough to talk about it with the doc.

That must have been some sight, seeing the bf go pale. LOL good for you!

It is nice he is doing positive things too like maintenance and taking walks and cleaning.

I am just stunned by SU. WTFo?!?

I hope your Tuesday is better.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Miss Rebel is doing well in spite of her illness. I am happy to hear that she is figuring out how to keep herself more comfortable.

Great that you are telling her to indulge a little. There is nothing more likely to cause cravings to get out of control than to deny them.

I agree. If she is adult enough to want the pills she needs to go do this for herself. This isn't the place for mommy to step in.

I love that you ranted and caused the BF to lose his colour. Good. That being said I think he sounds like a good guy. I know you have your reservations but at least he seems to be looking out for your girl.

GAH! Smart move to lock the clean towels up. Making that little Rebel Tweeny responsible for her own laundry might not be a bad idea either.

SU isn't going to change. It is sad that he doesn't even have time for his daughter. Give her a hug for me.

love and hugs,
~ blondie

Anonymous said...

a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do eh?

I am surprised at SOME of things I do these days. lol
thanks for cheering section. You know I appreciate it.
m