Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up & Monday Musing


I had a lovely quiet weekend. Didn't actually do much of anything... except work my way through a bunch of books. spent Friday evening at a friend's out in the country. Had a lovely visit with several of the girls. More birthday presents... I am going to have to do 50 again next year. It's going rather well!

RebelTweeny spent the weekend getting ready for Camp this week. I dropped her off at the bus this morning. Peace and quiet... no rangy wild 14 year old hormones for a week.

Of course SU, her father, couldn't even be bothered to get out of bed this AM to wish her a good week. From what I could tell, he came home yesterday after getting her her camp snacks, played hockey, came home and locked himself up in his cave.

Rebel's boyfriend has been spending a lot of time at the house. In gratitude for us feeding him among other things, he washed both the cars, washed our windows - he's a commercial window cleaner, and is insisting that Rebel make her bed and keep her room clean. It's rather funny. This guy has also fixed a few things that have needed fixing for at least a year or so. SU *should* be embarrassed about these things, but it doesn't appear to bother him that someone other than the "man of the house" is doing his job.

My camera has gone in for repairs... thanks to The Blonde for suggesting the upgrade plan. If they can't fix my machine, electronics gone wild apparently, I can up grade. I am thinking Canon Rebel XTi. I am salivating at the prospect.

The she-manager... has been preempted and bumped back to her own rank. I will have a new boy to train... but at least he is one on the management training track and better suited to officer rank. Far better... even if he is young and green... ( I should be able to mold this one! evil grin and all that!)

Good Monday.
Good week!

5 comments:

Rudy said...

Happy Monday M,
may your camera dreams come true.

the BF sounds like a good find. I wonder how long Reb will tolerate the "insisting" though LOL

If she is like her mom, maybe she thinks she should be molding him ;-)

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

she's working on him... this daughter of mine is good... she doesn't take crap, speaks her mind and at afar earlier age than her mother ever did.

(-:
m

Anonymous said...

I hope you get an awesome camera out of all this. My daughter was quite happy with her upgrade. Now if she could just find the damn thing! *sigh*

Enjoy your nice quiet week w/o the RT.

It's five here. I need a drink!

*hugs*

~ blondie

Anonymous said...

drink? someone say drink?
lol
m

Calories and Coffee said...

T, I own the XTI and use it professionally. I LOOOOOVVVEEEEE that camera. Of course you have to have good lenses as well but the camera itself rocks!