Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday Musing.

My dad sent me some money. He sold his house and has sent me and the siblings each a nice little sum of money. The first cheque I received he wrote my first name and the SU's last name. Here's the thing... I NEVER changed my name when I got married. I've ALWAYS used my own name. ALWAYS. So WHY after 24 years did my dad address a cheque to me with a name I don't use and now I can't cash the cheque! So he sent me a second cheque and double barreled the last name. I am worried. I think my dad is starting to get dementia of some kind. I STILL can't cash the cheque because I have NO ID with that name on it. He is freaking me out.

SU is annoyed because I bought a new microwave oven. We needed a new one because the current one - 24 years old can't be used when Rebel is in the room. It's ancient technology that could affect her pacemaker. Just as well. It was time for something new. I bought a beaut! A microwave convection oven that is all the rage. It's most certainly not your Wal-Mart $60 cheapy! When I told SU I bought it, all he wanted to know was *how much?* I told him and he had a fit. "With what money?" he asked.
"Not your concern any longer is it? We are separated as per your decision, so the oven belongs to *me* How I pay for it - my concern not yours!" But gee feel free to pay me back half since it is for the family!

AS IF!


Why is he so constantly surprised when I do these things?

We celebrated the Feast of St Nicholas at church yesterday. A great time was had by all. RebetlTweeny received a Clapper for her bedroom lamp and was thrilled! Rebel got a Vin Diesel DVD bundle. Made her happy. She's been working part time and is quite happy about that too. She earned $15 in tips her first two days. She works for Tim Horton's, a little one in a gas station, so she spends her time at the drive through window taking orders and bossing the junior staff around. She loves it!

The local newspaper has started a 6 part series on heart patients waiting for transplants. OY! It's depressing and a little scary, so I am not going out of my way to let Rebel read it. Too many people need hearts. Too many people don't sign their organ cards, and too many people's families overturn organ card promises. This is probably going to take longer than we thought.

BUT..we will remain positive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh.
I am sorry to hear that your dad and his memory is freaking you out. *hugs*

SU is always annoyed about something, isn't he? How stupid is he anyways? Did he really think that you could continue to safely use the one you had? Wait. Never mind. This IS SU we are talking about. I love your comeback to him. oh SnaaaP!

*clap on. clap off* I need a clapper. TY for reminding me. I have been asked to put a *wish list* in the email. I will include the clapper on said list.

Rebel is ever in my prayers. I hope you and she know that.

love and hugs,
~ b

Rudy said...

I can't believe SU didn't check that microwave out right away. sheesh what a heel. he gives dads a bad name.

Cool that Ms Rebel feels up to working part time while going to school.

Yeah, I would avoid that series of articles for the time being. You get reputable news from the doctors running the program. No need to have it sensationalized.

Same here, prayers every day.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

BLondie, I can run out to Wal Mart tomorrow. Let me know. I think they had a truck load of clappers.

RT is into the triple clap! rolls eyes.

Yeah Rudy ... these days it still surprises me, and it shouldn't, what the SU does and doesn't choose to do.
m