Friday, December 21, 2007

Par For the Course.

Rebel has to have two wisdom teeth taken out today. One is impacted and the other is hurting and pushing her teeth . There is a bit of infection too which isn't good at all. Infection from the teeth has been known to go straight to the heart. So the oral surgeon the cardiologist and the anesthetist all got together and decided that yes... the teeth had to go. I've spent most of this week with dentists and doctors at various appointments with the Rebel. She has to have this done in the hospital. Her defibrillator is turned off in case they have to shock her externally. ( yeah... I needed to know this) It will be a local anesthesia rather than something that knocks her out. She isn't happy about it but it is less risky.

There really isn't a lot of room to wait for her in the day surgery area so they send me home. Great! I am not happy about this, but hanging around a bad waiting room isn't all appealing either. The docs are all pretty confident and our regular dentist says this should be very straight forward. I am praying on that and counting on it!

And where is the SU? As far as I know, he didn't say a thing to his daughter.

He just left this morning.

Without a word.


Par for the course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Rebel-girl is in my prayers. Doubly so this morning. Let us know when you can how she's doing.

love and hugs to you both.

~ blondie

Anonymous said...

Hi M,

Let me know how everything goes, I'm praying for her speedy recovery!

Talk with you soon and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love and Hugs,
Lily

Rudy said...

I agree with the docs on this one. It is not like they are going to let you bust into the OR or anything so why hang out in a crappy waiting room when you can be comfortable at home or down the street at a coffee shop.

Of course, it would be much better waiting with someone at your side.

I can't believe SU. Not a word?!? un-fecking-believable!

Let us know soon 'kay?

{hugs}