Monday, December 03, 2007

Master Plan = Very Busy!

On Saturday Rebel and I had to get our nails filled. RebelTweey needed a ride to another part of our little city to visit a friend. I couldn't take her, so I asked the SU who had just gotten himself out of bed... at 2 PM in the afternoon to take her.

Rebel and I returned and I asked the SU,

"what time did you tell RT to be home?"
"I didn't,"
"Well what time are you picking her up?" I asked.
"We didn't discuss this."
sigh...
"you know SU, she is only 14 and needs boundaries around her. It's fine for her to go out, but she needs to know there are expectations. There should have been a pick up time arranged. "


So didn't he just work himself into a huff, going on about how I was right and YES he should have done EXACTLY what I said, implying that I was yet again, being a nag, a bitch, a whatever negative label he could attach to me.


I told him that as a father his role was to create expectations and develop a sense of responsibility and NOT expect her to come to decisions about curfews etc without parental aid.
All I got was a lot of huffing and puffing. He didn't see my side of it at all. But he wouldn't, would he?

In the end, RT called MUCH earlier than expected and asked to be picked up. SU made a big to do about this as if to say ha ha gotacha. whatEvEr!

The Rebel and her BF were out at his family Christmas part on Saturday night. They stayed out at a hotel. Okay... I don't like this, but she is and adult and I have to deal with it. They got to our place on Sunday and were relaxing - lack of sleep kicking in no doubt, when SU pretty much demanded the BF help him with something. Not a lot of politeness. Yet again, I give the lad credit for how he behaved. Rebel on the other hand was ready to pop his lights.

Two minutes later I spilled bloody red borscht all over my basement carpet stairs. I was carrying way too much to the basement fridge. What a mess. As I was standing over it, trying to figure out what would be the best thing to get red stuff off an ugly gold carpet, the BF comes around and tells me part of his dad's business includes an industrial carpet cleaning machine. He went picked it up cleaned the carpet thoroughly and then took the thing back. This, AFTER he ran errand the SU's requested errand. The lad got extras for dinner that night!

RT on the other hand refuses to pay much attention to me at all these days. Unless she needs my credit card to buy clothes online. Or make up... or tampons. I was fed up yesterday and once again, her dad... did nothing. After having a lovely day - that included NOT going to church... she went ice skating with friends, took a walk after supper hour in -10 weather to the drug store, had her friend stay with her for another hour and then at bedtime decided it was time to do homework. I was not impressed and suggested that perhaps her time management skills needed a bit of improving. SU right there. Says NO-THING! She told me to leave her alone. I decided that Monday she could make her own school lunch and get herself out of bed on her own.

Monday morning, of course, she slept in and didn't have time to make lunch. sigh...

Took SU three hours or so to tidy up the slovenly room he calls home on Sunday. OY! I don't know how many weeks worth of papers and crap was in there. The vacuum cleaner must have been on for at least an hour. And we're talking small bedroom in the house!

I have my master plan kicking into action this week.

I am going to be very busy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Im all decorated up for the holidays... in red! I LIKE it! (-:

that's the spirit Blondie!
thanks much
HUGS
m

Rudy said...

Hey M,
when you are right, you are right and deep down they know it.

Oy, I am so glad I do not have to deal with teenagers spreading their wings any more. Of course, the girl, while 23, still manages to give me grief from time to time lest I forget.

I love the new background. That blondie is something else. Small wonder I am crazy about her eh?

Anonymous said...

Hey M,

I am glad you like the decorations. This was one of several I put up trying to find just the right one. I think that this one suits your personality the best. Stay tuned. I tend to get nuts and change up the backgrounds a bit during the holidays. LOL! Again, this is what happens when you give a girl the keys to the castle.
giggle

As I stated a few comments ago; I really like the boyfriend more every time I hear about him. He is a good man.

RT. GAH! I don't know what I would do. Just keep breathing. Hopefully once the SU figures out WTF he is doing and does it things will begin to equalize. Course that will only happen if his daily influence on her is cut back. Sigh.

Hey. When you girls come to visit me lets go get our nails done. LOL! I am feeling the need for a girl bonding experience.

I am happy to hear that the master plan is being implemented.

my love and prayers to you and the girls.

~ B

Anonymous said...

"That blondie is something else."

yeah, if only people could figure out what else she is....!

heh!

~ b

Anonymous said...

getting your nails done with the girls is always a bonding experience!
I am ready. We'll ALL go pink instead of the boring French thing.

Go nuts girlfriend. I do appreciate it!

ya know Rudy... them girls are girls... and they don't seem to be as mature as when we were young... but then again... I've said it before... 50 is the new 40 so I am there! (-:
so 23 must be the new? gads I hate to think about it! LOL

m

Annie said...

Too bad poor RT went to school late and hungry....too bad so sad for her! Wait til the real world jumps up and bites her in the butt!!!!