Friday, December 21, 2007

Update.

Rebel has managed to get through this one. All went well, but she is swollen and in some pain. Defibrillator turned back on. Percocet for the pain and lots of ice cream to dull any left over pain. Thanks to my personal "trinity" of friends. This is done. Reb figures she'll be able to keep her nail appointment tomorrow! lol Tonight though she is crashed. I am now having a glass of pinot grigio after spending the day.... shopping!

In other news SU was going to go off and buy the girls' gifts without discussing it with me. I see we have fallen somewhat into the trap of having the the girls pass on conversations rather than talking to each other. I finally had to go to "the lair" and let SU know that gifts have been purchased he need do nothing (as he has always done til he decided he needed to be Disney Dad) and I would let him know how much his share will be - he can pay me back.

Rebel wants to have Christmas Day dinner with the BF and his mother and step dad. I am not thrilled about this, but figure I can't be a martyr or lay guilt so I have to let her go. It's gonna be me, the SU and Rebel Tweeny at the table this year. Could be interesting. I think I'll make a Christmas brunch so we have a meal together of some sort. I know a couple of young friends who are not going home on Christmas and may see if they'd like to join us. They know our situation and may not want to walk into that on Christmas Day and who could blame them. But it could be a nice quiet day too. The positive is Rebel wants to go out to have a great day, and I have to give her that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that she came through w/o any unusual problems. Hug her for me, please.

SU is an idiot. Wait till you hear about the problems about to explode concerning my kids and Christmas with their father. I am just going to stay the hell out of it all.

I think you are right to allow her to do what she needs to do to have her nice day with the boyfriend. Sigh.

Merry Christmas, Girlfriend.
I love ya.
~ blondie